• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Any suggestions for where to start looking for work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adapa

• 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hey. I was linked to this site by Eric Schulke, and I thought I'd go straight to asking my question, I'm sorry for not making a proper introductory post, I'll make one later if it turns out I'm going to stay around in the community.

I've just completed by bachelor's degree in Industrial Biotechnology in Hamar, but I've decided that it didn't have quite the focus I was looking for, so after completing a year of philosophy in Trondheim I plan to move on with a master's degree in Genetics, since that's the subject where I showed the greatest aptitude. However, I'm a bit lost for where I'm going to start looking for work after that. Ideally, I'd like to work either with longevity research or synthetic biology, but I'd be interested in hearing about any other interesting research work I'd be qualified for as well with my background. Preferably in Europe as well, but any pointers at all would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. :)

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Wellcome Adapa

This may be harsh, but its too soon to say you are 'qualified' for much- the world is still very open to you and you'll probably end up somewherre rather unplanned for.
If one wanted to use the Biotech+Genetics combo 'classically: could lead into longevity studies in yeast etc. If you are not careful you'll end up discovering pointless aging genes for the rest of your life. People are doing interesting things with GMO ingestable bacterial cultures now.
Synth bio is sexy, but it rather depends where you end up as to its potential.

Whatever you do don't squander your MA thesis - pick a topic that you want to run with afterwards.
Maybe seek advice again when you have some topics to choose from.

#3 lucka34

• 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 05:09 AM

Hello! If you are looking for a great place to gamble and have fun, I recommend visiting https://slotscity.ua/ru. At first glance, I was struck by the freshness and brightness of the design. The site looks very attractive and energetic, and immediately lifts your spirits. It's also worth noting that you can find a lot of exciting games that suit different tastes and moods.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users