←  Luminosity's Blog

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Luminosity's Blog

Random Cheap Wines 07 January 2012

I tried asking knowledgable people what wines they'd recommend. I ended up spending more money on wines I didn't like. So to hell with that. I'm going to buying random cheap wines and see what happens.

I don't recommend Naked brand Cabernet Sauvignon. It is supposed to have less of an Oakey taste than other red wines but it still tastes more woody than normal to me.

Rex Goliath Free Range Red is not bad for an inexpensive wine.

Domino Cabernet Sauvignon tastes like goat piss and has plenty of tannins.

Previously I learned that:

Barefoot and Little Boomie Cabernet Sauvignons would both be very good, but they tend to have vinegar notes, unfortunately.

I found d'Arenberg Stump Jump Red Shiraz from Australia to have an unpleasant resiny taste. Maybe that's the way that type of wine is supposed to taste, but I didn't like it. It was unusually potent, so watch out.

What's your favorite red wine?

wine, red wine and 7 more...

Comments

Luminosity, Oct 25 2012 06:34 AM

Found another good inexpensive red wine. Red Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon. It is lower in acid and packs a punch. It has some woody tastes but it's not overwhelming. Tannins are not overwhelming. I just bought some on sale at a CVS drugstore for $8.00.

Luminosity, Sep 09 2014 06:35 AM

Also recommend Selbach Riesling highly.   It's a white wine.