←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

I don't want to go crazy, (I'd lik...

garlicknots's Photo garlicknots 22 May 2006

Sorry if this gets longwinded, thanks in advance. I have been reading some of the other messages and I find that people usually request this information, so I may as well provide it from the get go. If there is any more information that could be helpful--definitely ask!

Sex: Male
Diet: Omnivore, generally healthy stuff. Fish, meat etc. Varied.
Exercise: Nothing daily, I'll play some pick up softball on the weekends, some golf, whatever comes up. Once the pool opens, I might swim two or three times a week.
Sleep: I need 8 hours these days.
Stress: Relatively low. I don't really worry or i'm always worrying so I don't really notice it anymore, I don't know.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125
Some metrics of "intelligence": I score 99%+ on board tests (SATs, LSATs), I understand these aren't great metrics, but it is a bit of a guide, yeah?

More qualitative: (This is all self diagnosis so I'm "bullshitting" everything based on what I think are averages. Read average as average from my experience, very subjective.)

I wouldn't be surprised if I have a dearth of some neurotransmitters, serotonin and dopamine to be particular. This is from mood analysis, etc. From some recreational drug use, I'd say that I may be affected by increased dopamine more than average. I "trip" more.

I have difficulty concentrating. I find ADD drugs like ritalin to be very effective for studying. I do have some difficulty with my sleep patterns the next day after a dose. I never use them for tests, I find that I can usually concentrate well enough during tests and I feel like these drugs limit some of my mind (Anyone familiar with the LSAT--I usually "saw" the Logic Game answers w/o ritalin, with ritalin it was much more difficult).

Caffiene: I don't drink coffee. I rarely use caffiene since 1 pill of no doze makes me pretty sleepy in 20-30 minutes. Sometimes during study time, I take 2 caffiene pills, then do pushups to tire myself and end up napping. I power nap for about 45 mins-1 hour and when I wake up I feel pretty charged. Basically, I'd prefer no caffiene in a stack.

My visual memory is much better than my auditory memory.

I get 2 headaches an year. Both are related to excessive sleep deprivation/ ritalin/ caffiene around finals period.

Desires:
I'd like to maintain my quality of waking hours, but bring my sleeping down to 6-6.5 hours. I've had difficulty sustaining 6 in the past.
I'd like to up my working memory.
I''ve decided to study for the MCAT, 6 month time period. This is cold, haven't taken a science course in 4 years. (It will be computerized soon, so WM is more important)
I'd like to be able to concentrate with greater ease.
I wouldn't mind increased analytic abilities

Added bonus:
Eye hand coordination (my golf swing needs some work)

-x-

I was going to start with some Alpha-GPC and one of the catems before I found this board.
I definitely want to start small. I don't ever plan or think i'll need to take a stack 10 drugs high. I'd like to keep it down to three radicals.

Long term over short term! I have years to live.
Any suggestions that don't end up making me go crazy and stuff?

Thank you for any help!

zorblart's Photo zorblart 22 May 2006

watch out for those numberplates, dude...

:)

sentrysnipe's Photo sentrysnipe 22 May 2006

May I also say take more food. I'm a hard gainer myself. Nuts come in handy.