←  Cryonics

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

How do I get my cat frozen?

IcePop's Photo IcePop 29 Oct 2019

What are all the places that freeze cats and the costs and what other things like membership do I need to do for it?

Also, do any do payment plans and take payent after the pet is frozen? If not, what should I do, take out a credit card? How can I make the money for this ASAP? My cat is dying and I am low on money and time.

Mind's Photo Mind 29 Oct 2019

You can get your cat cryopreserved at CI or Alcor, but it is costly....at least a few thousand dollars (but likely a lot more), the last time I checked.

The only other option is a "straight freeze" (just preserve it in your freezer). This is the last hope for a person or pet. There will be a lot of freezing damage, which will theoretically make it harder to revive in the future, but at least there would be a tiny chance of revival. If you were storing your pet for a long time this way, you would eventually want it frozen down to liquid nitrogen temps. 

If you did a straight freeze, then you would have a little more time to save up money and make arrangements for long term storage/revival.

You might want to check Oregon Cryonics to see if they would do a chemical storage. This is a more damaging form of preservation but likely cheaper and easier.

orion22's Photo orion22 29 Oct 2019

You can get your cat cryopreserved at CI or Alcor, but it is costly....at least a few thousand dollars (but likely a lot more), the last time I checked.

The only other option is a "straight freeze" (just preserve it in your freezer). This is the last hope for a person or pet. There will be a lot of freezing damage, which will theoretically make it harder to revive in the future, but at least there would be a tiny chance of revival. If you were storing your pet for a long time this way, you would eventually want it frozen down to liquid nitrogen temps. 

If you did a straight freeze, then you would have a little more time to save up money and make arrangements for long term storage/revival.

You might want to check Oregon Cryonics to see if they would do a chemical storage. This is a more damaging form of preservation but likely cheaper and easier.

i wonder what the cat will think when if  it reads this post in the future