←  Risks & Survival

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Highest-radiation cell phones

Live Forever's Photo Live Forever 05 Jun 2006

Here is a list of the top 10 highest radiation cell phones in the United States.

I was wondering why my brain was glowing, now I know.

2525's Photo 2525 23 Sep 2006

ok, it's easy... all of them are MOTOROLA !

spins's Photo spins 23 Sep 2006

Mobile phones produce non-ionizing radiation, in other words the RF used lacks the energy to disrupt the molecular bonds that cause genetic mutations and thus cancer. You can heat things up with non-ionizing radiation though.

Also of note is that the max power output of a mobile phone is seldom used, to conserve battery power etc. Also mobile phones are not constructed to transfer energy into the user; they are constructed to radiate as much energy as possible away from the user. Although as the results show some mobile phones are better at this than others.

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

Lazarus Long's Photo Lazarus Long 23 Sep 2006

The greatest health threat represented by cell phones is in the batteries and it isn't the energy, it is their chemical composition. Highly toxic pollution from this industry represents 1% of landfill by volume and over 70% of the most toxic contaminants now entering the water table and polluting drinking water in the US.

The batteries lead the way and the sub-components are next. This is an industry begging for better design and recycling methods, especially since many of the compounds involved are contributing to violence in Africa on a par with blood diamonds and are somewhat rare as well.