←  Senolytics

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Fisetin and Bleeding

JimWoodall's Photo JimWoodall 10 Mar 2021

My first fisetin cycle, I stopped working out with weights for a week after doing the cycle, I didnt shave or do anything in the yard.   I did this because I have read the story of the man who cut himself shaving and also read it repeated many times that bleeding could be a problem, and workouts should be minimal.

Slowly after several cycles I have gotten less and less strict. 

Now this last cycle, I did not change anything with my weight training and lifted hard as normal.  Continued normal functions.    About 7 hours ago, I went accidentally kicked my foot into a steal bar.   It was terribly painful.  Certainly some blood vessels must have broken.  I'm fine, no big bruise, my foot was sore for a few hours but it's fine now.

I think if there was a bleeding or body repair type problem with fisetin, I word have experienced that this last cycle.   

1600mg X 2 days every 3-6 months..

JimWoodall's Photo JimWoodall 10 Mar 2021

I am about 24 hours since my last fisetin dose.  Maybe 1 hour ago I bit my lip and it bled.  There was no bleeding issue.  Either the fisetin I am using from donotage  is not real or there is no bleeding problem with fisetin (for me anyways).

Karazantor's Photo Karazantor 13 Mar 2021

I've completed 2 cycles of 3g Fisetin plus a few other components (Quercetin, Longvida Circumin) following Piperine and Pink Grapefruit, 3 consecutive days and then repeated the next month. First end of 2019 and then Jan/Feb 2021.

I can confirm despite a few nicks shaving and minor scrapes over the time, absolutely no observed bleeding or healing issues outside of normal.

kurdishfella's Photo kurdishfella 27 Jun 2022

Does your fisetin supplement contain any high vitamin K or calcium or anything with clotting agents effects? could be counteracting it.

Edited by kurdishfella, 27 June 2022 - 11:50 AM.

ambivalent's Photo ambivalent 25 Aug 2022

Well, I was that guy. As I mentioed before, there was likely only a narrow window of vulnerability and I took quite high doses, with I hoped, improved bioavailability. A week after the wart nick while shaving, I expereinced quite a significant dental bleed and waited nervously but it was fine. The other instance was probably a couple of years later with a small cut on the hand. And I would have forgotten about if I had thought at the time it was odd it was taking so long maybe half an hour, and then realised I had taken fisetin a day or two earlier. That instance wouldn't have been noteworthy without the prior one which took 3 hours but was extremely low in volume. 

Now, these two events were quite unlikely and they could have easily not occurred and I would be in the "nothing to see hear" camp. And it hasn't been a regular problem with me, that aside I too have had many nicks and scratches with nothing ado. It would seem likely that if there is a problem then there is some homestatic responce, as is biology's way.

The other person to note a problem is lost69 who took sustained high doses over lengthy periods. A regular swimmer he picked up a skin infection and struggled to remove it with two course of anti-biotics, as I recall. That spooked him enough for him to quit the protocol. 

It is quite clear that it isn't a huge problem given the failure to report many instances and fisetin's widespread use. But the two reporting it were dosing outliers and as I said they were events only few in number - it remains possible at least that a high doser might marry to the wrong circumstance. And if some delayed healing does occur amongst the masses taking fisetin then many might not attirbute it to fisetin - if I hadn't known  the role of senescent cells can play in wound healing and past problems with senolytics, I may well not have paid enough attention, nor I doubt would have lost69.