←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Preventing cognitive/memory issues from sl...

Shemp999's Photo Shemp999 17 Jun 2022

I have an older relative with chronic insomnia who has been taking Ambien (Zolpidem) for years. Are there any nootropic supplements that could be beneficial in preventing any cognitive/memory issues going forward? Thank you in advance.

EvaWhite's Photo EvaWhite 31 Jul 2022

Modafinil is good. You can try it from highstreetpharma. But mixing of substances can create a problem, pls consult a doctor and then take up a call.

gamesguru's Photo gamesguru 13 Aug 2022

What problems are they facing exactly? Absent-mindedness?

The best solution is to get them off that garbage, and onto something more sustainable like magnesium or tryptophan. If they're able to exercise even lightly, that's a plus. And if they start eating a somewhat balanced diet, the tryptophan will only be needed temporarily. YMMV; fatal familial insomnia is obviously not cured by such a simple solution.

But it's rare to see the side-effects of one drug completely & safely handled by another. Experiencing long-term side effects is often the body's way of rejecting a treatment. Only makes sense if it's absolutely needed or the pluses outweigh the potential negatives.

EvaWhite's Photo EvaWhite 08 Oct 2022

I take pregabalin for sleep because I take Modafinil (modalert from highstreetpharma) for work. There shouldn't be an issue because Modalert helps to keep me awake for a solid 8-9 hours.