←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

In Control

DJS's Photo DJS 17 Jan 2007

My friend wants to know if this product is legit or not. So, would any of you nootropics gurus care to offer an opinion?

www.mdplusstore.com/pdfs/incontrol_ingredients.pdf

lynx's Photo lynx 17 Jan 2007

As with many of these type of products they went with the "proprietary complex", "proprietary blend", which allows them NOT to disclose the amounts of the complex.

Consequently, one has no idea how much of any of the particular ingredients are in there. For example, if there is 5mg of CoQ10, it is worthless. Most likely that is the case, because CoQ10 is expensive, and the temptation to skimp on costly items is high.

That said, if there are adequate amounts of many of the star ingredients in the 'proprietary complex', it could be an AMAZING formula.

Shepard's Photo Shepard 18 Jan 2007

Yeah, on top of the undisclosed amount of ingredients, I've never been a fan of the "kitchen sink" approach in all-in-one formulas. Several of the ingredients need to be taken with meals, several need to be taken without meals, etc.

DJS's Photo DJS 18 Jan 2007

Thanks guys, both of your points make perfect sense.

zoolander's Photo zoolander 18 Jan 2007

hey Don why don't you ask your friend specificially what they are looking for. There are a few good combo products on the market

DJS's Photo DJS 18 Jan 2007

He's not a very sophisticated user. I originally gave him the idea and he ran with, but I couldn't see him really having the patience to do more than pop one or two pills in the morning (iow, capping his own 100 pill regiment is not something he would go for).

I really don't feel like doing much research but was curious what everyone here felt about this product. If my friend is curious enough he can check out the relevant fora himself. But thanks for the help guys. [thumb]