←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

putting resveratrol in a shake?

medievil's Photo medievil 27 Jun 2007

is it possible to make it taste "good" well i gues that wont be possible tough:p

i want my grandma to try it, but she doesnt want to take any pill's, she is willing to try it if i can put in a shake or something tough

tintinet's Photo tintinet 27 Jun 2007

Ya. If ya got de 99%+ pure synthetic- no taste- can mix with anything. I put it in my blueberry-whey-yogurt-kiwi-goji berry-banana-ice smoothies- tastes great!

Matt's Photo Matt 27 Jun 2007

Hi!

Yes resveratrol is very easy to take with various foods. The taste is quite subtle so you don't really notice it. I could even cut the longevinex caps and then eat that as it is. However, putting it in something like a yogurt will mask the taste. Put in some sucralose , raisins which will over power the taste if needed. I don't know the effects of mixing Resveratrol with yogurt though. I know EGCG for example when mixed with casein (?) can prevent some benefits of that particular compound. I used to put the natures way powdered resveratrol into a yogurt, then threw in some essential mix. Tasted quite nice actually lol!

medievil's Photo medievil 28 Jun 2007

thx guys :)

tintinet's Photo tintinet 28 Jun 2007

Ya. The high purity (98-99%+) extracts are also fairly bland.

edward's Photo edward 29 Jun 2007

I try to take my t-res on an empty stomach (along with various oils, lecithin, quercetin, vit. c etcetera etcetera)

From everything I have read plant derived compounds such as flavonoids (no t-res is not technically a flavonoid, but it certainly acts a lot like one) don't do well when taken with food especially proteins... (Matt mentioned this above with the Yogurt example)

So if I were to make a drink for the above mentioned grandmother I would consider mixing it with some sort of fruit juice type smoothy that doesn't have protein, something more like an "icy" or "slushy".

tintinet's Photo tintinet 29 Jun 2007

Best maybe in ETOH: t-res Martini!