←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Definitive Carnosine Dose?

orbital's Photo orbital 29 Jul 2007

I've been doing some searching/googling in an attempt to find a definitive anti-aging dose of L-Carnosine, is there general agreement here?

Many of the respected supplement companies formulate in 500mg doses, as you'll know.

In this interview, however-

http://www.1stvitali...w_carnosine.htm

Dr Mario Kyriazis (whom I'd never heard of before I began the net searches) reaches the conclusion "I think that anything between 50mg-200mg, perhaps ideally 100mg-150 mg a day is justified."

Does anyone have details of more substantial research?

marting's Photo marting 29 Jul 2007

I think the recommneded dosis is 1000 mg - divided in 2x500 mg per day - I recall I looked into it as well and there is some debate about it (e.g. a few have talked of the risk of developing carnosinemia with higher dosis, but this has never been proven) - but e.g. LEF uses 1000 mg in their anti aging formula and they claim that 150-200 mg may just be too little to get any of the anti aging effect we are after - Age breaker (anti glucation effect) etc - but maybe someone here can refer to some studies so that we can get closer to determining an optimal dosis. Meanwhile, I will stick to my 1000 mg a day.

Br

Martin