←  Nutrition

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Food Selection while on the road

stayin_alive's Photo stayin_alive 27 Sep 2007

Looks like I'll be living out of a hotel for a while.

I figure I'll live mostly on tuna fish, boiled eggs, salmon and veggie drinks. I am borderline diabetic (IR - self diag.)

Any other suggestions (been up all night and must leave in a day - this why I am posting rather than doing the research required..)

TIA.

electric buddha's Photo electric buddha 28 Sep 2007

I always pour out grapenuts cereal into a thermos when I'm on a roadtrip. Very filling, fairly healthy, and it'll stay good forever. Eating grapenuts dry is a bit of an acquired taste, but the utility makes it worth it.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

stayin_alive's Photo stayin_alive 28 Sep 2007

I forget the rational for ceasing grapenuts.Either sodium, sugars or there were better foods. I might have to review GN for the hell of it.

As for being on the road in a car, what I do is prepare a few concoctions: an apple, carrot mix with spices such as ginger, cin, and all spice and toss a bit of olice oil in there ; a v5 mix (red lettuce, cucumber, celery, tom, onion - i throw in garlic, ginger, and 1 tbl black powder per 8 ox, 1 teas of red pepper per 8 oz.

I make about 2 liters at a time and use old kefir and pomwonderful plastic bottles to store then for travel.

This is what i do for home as well, with the exception being that I use more water for the trip - it makes the drinks more drinkable, and forces you to make more stops - otherwise, when I'm driving, I'll forego the breaks.