←  Resveratrol

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Resveratrol = $4/day?!?!

jasonfnorth's Photo jasonfnorth 07 Jul 2008

I purchased my first batch of Resveratrol last week. After looking at the spreadsheet, I chose "Trans-Resveratrol 98% - 500mg Capsules", from MegaResveratrol.com, because it was the cheapest 98% in capsule form. The instructions claim I need to take 500mg per 50lbs, and my weight is 200 lbs. Therefore, I'm looking at $4/day to be on this stuff??? That seems crazy expensive for a supplement. Until Resveratrol, I've been taking a multi-vitamin, fish oil, flax seed, ginkgo biloba, and a grape seed extract... probably costing me $1/day or something for all of that. This $4/day is hard to justify.

Any comments??

dachshund's Photo dachshund 07 Jul 2008

Hi, You are much better off purchasing uncapped powder. Try bulk powder products from RevGenetics or Vital Prime, you can Google these to get their websites. I have purchased from Vital Prime (0.5 kg, $ 325) and have been quite satisfied with their product, though I will likely make my next purchase from RevGen., as I like to dual source products to encourage both companies to provide high quality t-res at competitive prices. I was hoping that MegRes. would answer with a 98 % t-res. bulk powder at a lower price point, but not so far?! There are some great threads on t-res at the Imm Inst. Forum. Maxwatt & Anthony Loera and others have provided tremendous insight into t-res. dosage and maximizing effectiveness. FYI - I take 1 g powder twice daily which I mix vigorously into 8 oz. water that has been sitting at room temp. at least 12 hours with 1 tablespoon lecithin. The lecithin is a surfactant, & choline source, that disperses the t-res powder into a suspension that may be more bio-available. Maxwatt taught the readers this method...thanks!! All the best, D
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

niner's Photo niner 07 Jul 2008

The question you should consider is whether MegaResveratrol's advice of 500mg/50lbs is intended to optimize your health or their income. It might be the latter. That's 22 mg/kg body wt, which is a pretty significant dose. We've now seen a couple papers showing gene expression changes similar to CR with doses in the 5-7.5 mg/kg range in mice. These caps are $2.00/gm, while the cheapest high-purity powder is what, 62 cents/gm? At that price, a buck a day provides a pretty reasonable dose.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 07 Jul 2008

This $4/day is hard to justify.

Any comments??

Ever filled up a car at a gas station lately? How about $800 / month for a 1 bedroom apartment? It's all relative.
Edited by Ghostrider, 07 July 2008 - 04:07 AM.
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

jasonfnorth's Photo jasonfnorth 07 Jul 2008

FYI - I take 1 g powder twice daily which I mix vigorously into 8 oz. water that has been sitting at room temp. at least 12 hours with 1 tablespoon lecithin.

Huh? I need to read up on all this more. Thanks for the suggestions.

PS: I pay $1310/month for a 1 bedroom, so yea... I feel $120/month.