←  Other Conversations

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Your favourite ImmInst posters?

Forever21's Photo Forever21 11 Sep 2008

DukeNukem

Shepard's Photo Shepard 11 Sep 2008

I think this would be a good one.

Posted Image

I don't know if that was meant to be an insult or what but hey, you can try again.

sentinel's Photo sentinel 11 Sep 2008

I don't know if that was meant to be an insult or what but hey, you can try again.

No, it's just Shepard being his normal witty/sarcastic self. Probably why he's one of the more popular posters too; he knows what he's talking about (or at least has researched his opinions extensively) and bothers to go quite out of his way to be funny. Unless he's feeling crabby ;)

Anyhoo, just wondering who are the popular posters here.

Ben's Photo Ben 11 Sep 2008

Ben - Aus. Mainly for the amazing jokes.

(Edit) Distant seconds: Dopamine, Eva Vic, Fredrick, Funkodyssey, Maxwatt, Niner, Shepard, Zoolander and anyone else I forgot to mention that I can sycophantically gleam some validation from.
Edited by Ben - Aus, 11 September 2008 - 12:47 PM.

Shepard's Photo Shepard 11 Sep 2008

I was trying to find a way to poke fun at the topic and that atrocious play on words was all I had in me at the time. That were bad of me to lower myself such.

Anyway, these topics come up time to time and usually die with no responses. Pretty much everyone that has been here for a while respects all the other regular posters and pointing out individuals could lead some people to feel unappreciated. Everyone provides an expertise in certain areas and shouldn't be overlooked.

That said, I'm all about Shepard for Prom King '08.

zoolander's Photo zoolander 12 Sep 2008

Duke is a decent poster.

I'm really blown away by how courageous TheFirstImmortal is. I really have gained a great deal of admiration for him.

Mygenus, where every he came from, seems to have a great deal of knowledge. I was really impressed by his donation to TheFirstImmortal.

Shepard, Tim, Live Forever and the rest of the Fat Albert gang, well they're like school on summer holidays, No Class!

VictorBjoerk's Photo VictorBjoerk 12 Sep 2008

Thefirstimmortals posts about his battle with cancer is really important.

Otherwise there are many contributing people here like Dnamechanic.

However I think one should not single people out, there are many people here writing good posts in different parts like Eva Victoria in skin health.

zoolander's Photo zoolander 12 Sep 2008

and then there are the viral marketers......*laughs at self*

eternaltraveler's Photo eternaltraveler 12 Sep 2008

we already have these popularity contests once a year, and officially sanctioned.

director elections

kismet's Photo kismet 12 Sep 2008

MR

Live Forever's Photo Live Forever 13 Sep 2008

elijah3

RighteousReason's Photo RighteousReason 13 Sep 2008

elijah3

hahaha

mitkat's Photo mitkat 14 Sep 2008

Everyone plays their part, but there are those who contribute something more, those who go the extra mile or have their certain expertise. Some of my favs are Shep, Zoo, Maestro949, REGIMEN (aka Liplex when she's around), Ajna, Pablo. Duke always has cutting edge info and I'm thankful for that. So many great posters over the years, I don't want to leave anyone out, hence the pointlessness of these threads. Still, Mitkat rules.

we already have these popularity contests once a year, and officially sanctioned.

director elections

LOL and of course, Rebo
Edited by mitkat, 14 September 2008 - 01:04 AM.
grammah

RighteousReason's Photo RighteousReason 14 Sep 2008

lazarus long

Shannon Vyff's Photo Shannon Vyff 14 Sep 2008

(Zoolander for humor!) I do like others though ;) The long postings with references are quite useful, and the bread and butter of ImmInst. I hope I win some votes for my own style, what a harsh thread topic anyway--but useful to learn what our members like and why :) I really like every ImmInst poster, I could fill this post with hundreds....

niner's Photo niner 14 Sep 2008

Gashinshotan! I refuse to take this thread seriously.

caston's Photo caston 14 Sep 2008

Yeah, I love you all! We're all this one big clusterfuck together ;)

hamishm00's Photo hamishm00 15 Sep 2008

The first immortal is the first on my list at the moment due to his interesting tale, and the challenge he faces. Luv2increase, dopamine, zoolander, Ben, Advanc3d, Funk, Regimen, bgwithadd, Zoro - I enjoy and listen to all your postings eagerly (desperately not trying to be sycophantic here).

edward's Photo edward 29 Oct 2008

Gashinshotan! I refuse to take this thread seriously.

Yeah this is way too feel good, mushy, buddy buddy, slap each other on the back kinda thing for me lol. Honestly I like anyone's post that I can learn something from/cause me to research something to the point where I do learn something etc. etc. amusing posts are good too for that social, feel good factor...yuck :)

Matt's Photo Matt 31 Oct 2008

Too many to name really. I enjoy most of the usual posters because they each have something to offer, from what I can see.

JohnDoe1234's Photo JohnDoe1234 18 Dec 2008

Interesting thread...

Humor-wise, I think my top three would be (in order): Shep, Zoo, elrond

Contribution-wise... the majority of the people posting in this thread rank pretty high!

FunkOdyssey's Photo FunkOdyssey 18 Dec 2008

My favorite poster is anyone who introduces me to new and important information/ideas, so by my count that includes a majority of you.

Forever21's Photo Forever21 19 Dec 2008

My new favorite poster is Matt.

zoolander's Photo zoolander 19 Dec 2008

Caston you got any new ideas or philosophies for the Funk?

caston's Photo caston 19 Dec 2008

I don't know where to start.

* The human race was extra-terrestrial in origin and we are heading towards an extra-terrestrial destination.
* We just missed a period of rapid inflation (so high that the CPI a total lie) in which it which borrowing money had a negative cost and trying to actually be a good person and save money was like trying to walk up an escalator that's going down.
* When you buy mass produced items the profit is invested in sexual reproduction - but not yours.
* Obsessive compulsive people trying to free themselves from the need to work are creating more work for themselves and for others. The compulsive "need to work" is mostly in their mind.

Prometheus's Photo Prometheus 20 Dec 2008

Brokenportal (woohoo!), Zoolander (razor wit), theFirstImmortal (awesome courage), Duke (no sugar). Definitely not Rebo (unless lacking in fibre). :-D

zoolander's Photo zoolander 20 Dec 2008

mygheus, how about you matey? I'm throwing a vote your way for the creative use of an avatar. I absolutely laughed my head off when reading the descriptions of Duke and Rebo. Perhaps Duke uses that as as calling card or middle name.
Perhaps he just can't say yes to his wife??

and rebo........unless lacking in fibre..... I'm guessing he gives you the shits.

Prometheus's Photo Prometheus 20 Dec 2008

No, Rebo is a superstar with the hat and all.. How's the immunosens research goin' ole buddy? Still waiting on an explanation. ;) Gotta get out of the turquoise waters and get back in the lab!