←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Possible vitamin deficiancies?

OneScrewLoose's Photo OneScrewLoose 12 Sep 2008

I don't take any multis right now, mostly because they aggravate my gastritis. But I was wondering if I should supplement any specific vitamins or minerals, especially since I have a very limited diet. I am intolerant too:

Gluten
Dairy
Soy
Eggs
Nuts/Peanuts

I eat mostly:
Meat
Fruits
Vegetables
Rice
Potatoes
Corn

Any suggestions?

Phoebus's Photo Phoebus 12 Sep 2008

i am wondering about fat. how much healthy fat do you get each day? omega 3 is critical to good health.

my favorite healthy fat sources are raw egg yolks, flax oil, fish oil, fresh ground flax meal, olive oil, avocado, etc.

i am wondering about fat. how much healthy fat do you get each day? omega 3 is critical to good health.

my favorite healthy fat sources are raw egg yolks, flax oil, fish oil, fresh ground flax meal, olive oil, avocado, etc.

I get about 2g EPA and 1g DHA per day. I also drink a weight gain shake with rice milk, olive oil, sesame tahini, banana, rice protein, and sugar twice a day, so I get a lot of healthy fat.

ajnast4r's Photo ajnast4r 12 Sep 2008

my suggestion to you would be download cron-o-meter and track your diet for a week, then average out your numbers and start from there

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

Phoebus's Photo Phoebus 12 Sep 2008

I get about 2g EPA and 1g DHA per day. I also drink a weight gain shake with rice milk, olive oil, sesame tahini, banana, rice protein, and sugar twice a day, so I get a lot of healthy fat.

what is your source of EPA and DHA?

what is your source of EPA and DHA?

Right now it's NOW Ultra Omega-3. I'm gonna switch to Trader Joe's brand soon though.

OneScrewLoose's Photo OneScrewLoose 17 Sep 2008

Giving this a bump as I have a feeling it's really important to me considering everything I can't eat.