←  Nutrition

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

What do you think of this PROTEIN powder?

mustardseed41's Photo mustardseed41 30 Oct 2008

$50 for a tub of protein powder? No way for me. I'm not buying it's better than whey proten. I'll stick to the whey I buy at Wally World for $15.00.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Forever21's Photo Forever21 30 Oct 2008

$50 for a tub of protein powder? No way for me. I'm not buying it's better than whey proten. I'll stick to the whey I buy at Wally World for $15.00.

I would have done the same thing if not for quick digestion, insulin spike, acne, casein (in many brands) etc.
Edited by Forever21, 31 October 2008 - 08:01 AM.

ajnast4r's Photo ajnast4r 30 Oct 2008

50$ for 2lbs? Posted Image

dont get fooled by catch words... this is most likely plain old brown rice protein. rice protein can be found for 5-7$/lb from trueprotein.com, nutribiotic & jarrow.

whey also gives me acne.. right now im using either a 90/10 eggwhite/whey iso or 80/20 eggwhite/rice, and have had no problems since. whey is way way overrated imo... i had much better results from the gym with egg.

Forever21's Photo Forever21 31 Oct 2008

What results?

ajnast4r's Photo ajnast4r 01 Nov 2008

What results?

gains in strength and lean mass

goatz's Photo goatz 02 Nov 2008

What results?

Isnt egg white powder extremely bad tasting? have you found a method of masking the taste ?

ajnast4r's Photo ajnast4r 02 Nov 2008

What results?

Isnt egg white powder extremely bad tasting? have you found a method of masking the taste ?

depends... a few i tried have been VERY salty and gross tasting in general. the trueprotein egg white protein is great... i use their premium dutch chocolate and its quite enjoyable.