←  Nutrition

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Sample Diet

Iain's Photo Iain 07 Dec 2008

After reading "The Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever" I decided I'd revamp my diet in the coming weeks to being about a much healthier life style... Here's what I'm thinking of...

Morning: Cup of sweetened Black Tea, Protein drink, multivitamin (Should I get on with Chromium and Selenium?) and fish oil supplement.
Lunch: Protein Drink, and/or Salad
After School (3:30PMish): Protein drink
Dinner: Protein drink followed by another multivitamin and another fish oil tablet.

So what should I add, remove, or modify?

Shepard's Photo Shepard 07 Dec 2008

Best thread ever.

Thanks internet.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

mustardseed41's Photo mustardseed41 07 Dec 2008

If your 700lbs and trying to lose weight it might be good.(PSMF) Oh yea......fiber if GOOOOOOOD for you.

Iain's Photo Iain 07 Dec 2008

Oh yea... Good old Fiber... lol... Thanks though.

rwac's Photo rwac 07 Dec 2008

Iain, I think you'll be missing out on all the vitamins/micronutrients in food.

(Unfortunately, I haven't read the book you're talking about.)

I think it's not such a good idea to rely on just the multivitamin for your vitamins.

Iain's Photo Iain 08 Dec 2008

I think it's not such a good idea to rely on just the multivitamin for your vitamins.

Good point... I should probably keep the casual, nightly dinner then... Although, all things considered, where I live, that dinner consists of carbs, fats, and proteins; nothing really spectacularly nutritional. I'll give it a go with Centrum A -Z or some equivalent product and hope for the best, lol.

rwac's Photo rwac 08 Dec 2008

Good point... I should probably keep the casual, nightly dinner then... Although, all things considered, where I live, that dinner consists of carbs, fats, and proteins; nothing really spectacularly nutritional. I'll give it a go with Centrum A -Z or some equivalent product and hope for the best, lol.

I think you'll find that opinion here mostly favors Ortho-Core.
It's the best multi around, way better than Centrum.

edward's Photo edward 11 Dec 2008

Somehow I missed this thread...

So basically all you are eating is a protein drink with maybe a salad thrown in... Is this a joke?