←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

I need some advice!

dupez's Photo dupez 20 Dec 2008

Let me start off with a small introduction. I am a 20 year old second year college student. I was thinking of taking vinpocetine and huperzine A supplements daily, but i came across this thread:

http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=23457&pid=253982&st=0&#entry253982

I am currently taking Focus Formula (a packaged product). this link has its contents:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133867
something interesting about this supplement is it adds the DMAE that vinpocetine supposedly blocks

I wanted to switch to only vinpocetine and huperzine A, but after reading that article i am having doubts.

My goal is to improve memory and increase learning potential - i am taking natural steps towards this goal ( reading/problem solving), but i believe that taking a supplement in addition will benefit as well. Is there any advice you can give me, for my situation?

Thanks

EDIT: i see on some threads that Piracetam + Alpha GPC is a good combo, any comments on that? also capsul or powder?
Edited by dupez, 20 December 2008 - 02:47 AM.

rwac's Photo rwac 20 Dec 2008

i see on some threads that Piracetam + Alpha GPC is a good combo, any comments on that? also capsul or powder?

Yeah, that would be the basic starter combo.
Piracetam may or may not work for you, but it's a place to start.
The other choice for a choline source would be CDP-choline (citicoline)

If piracetam isnt good enough, you can try other racetams too.

You can also add a few grams of fish oil to help cognitive function.

There's lots of other exotic stuff ...

bgwithadd's Photo bgwithadd 20 Dec 2008

i see on some threads that Piracetam + Alpha GPC is a good combo, any comments on that? also capsul or powder?

Yeah, that would be the basic starter combo.
Piracetam may or may not work for you, but it's a place to start.
The other choice for a choline source would be CDP-choline (citicoline)

If piracetam isnt good enough, you can try other racetams too.

You can also add a few grams of fish oil to help cognitive function.

There's lots of other exotic stuff ...

At the risk of sounding like a tobacco lobbyist I'd suggest a quarter of a nicotine patch. Great for your memory and staying on top of things.

ALCAR seems to be useful, too, and it's pretty cheap.

dupez's Photo dupez 20 Dec 2008

i'm thinking of trying one of these combos

1)
Vinpocetine + huperzine + alpha gpc

2)
Vinpocetine+ huperzine

3)
Deprenyl(if i can find some online!)

4)
Piracetam + Alpha GCP
Edited by dupez, 20 December 2008 - 08:40 PM.