←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

how much choline to take with piracetam?

csrpj's Photo csrpj 18 Aug 2009

yes, i have done the research... and surprisingly as it would seem, there doesn't seem to be a conclusive answers (despite others asking this same question).

so, how much choline bitartrate should i take with my piracetam? would the same ratio apply to the other racetams (namely ani and oxi)? unrelated, but i was also wondering weather it matters much if i take piracetam on empty vs. full stomach? and lastly, is it best i mix the choline with the piracetam, or just as long as i have choline in my system in general?
Edited by csrpj, 18 August 2009 - 09:16 PM.

Piracetam's Photo Piracetam 18 Aug 2009

I used a 2:1 ratio with choline bitartrate and found it ineffective. I'd suggest a different choline source or increasing the ratio.
Edited by Kamil P, 18 August 2009 - 09:33 PM.

jakesteele's Photo jakesteele 18 Aug 2009

I used a 2:1 ratio with choline bitartrate and found it ineffective. I'd suggest a different choline source or increasing the ratio.

Which one's 2 and which one's 1?

Piracetam's Photo Piracetam 18 Aug 2009

I took twice the dosage of choline than of piracetam. I didn't find it too bad, but I was burned out (lack of choline I assume) about 3-4 hrs after dosage.
I'd suggest getting a better choline source. I have yet to try Alpha-GPC; You can find it here: http://www.bodybuild...re/bs/agpc.html . I've read that DMAE is a cheap and effective choline source as well (I will be trying it soon).

Meanwhile, you can try taking more of the choline bitartrate, and also eat choline-rich foods such as eggs and nuts. Each person is different hence you need to find what works best for you.

csrpj's Photo csrpj 19 Aug 2009

OK, so besides still trying to figure out how much choline bitartrate, i'm wondering -- how much alpha GPC would i take for a unit amount of piracetam?

Piracetam's Photo Piracetam 19 Aug 2009

I'm not really sure; I'd try 250mg-500mg per 1g-2g. Take into consideration that it's pricey.

Try out the choline bitartrate and see how it goes.

Pike's Photo Pike 19 Aug 2009

the reason why there's no set answer is because not everyone needs extra choline. some people don't get the piracetam-headaches that others do when taken without choline. i, for one, did get the headaches, and did supplement a bit of choline. for me, however, i preferred to use a simpler source: lecithin. Recently, i've ordered some CDP choline, and plan on just keeping it to a low dose: 250mg a day, once every day or two, and thinking about starting piracetam again.

when i was using piracetam, about 8:1 was my "headache threshold" but more often than not, i used a 4:1 pracetam-to-choline ratio.

simply put, don't bother with the extra choline if you're not getting brain-fog or headaches.

edit: however, if you DO decide to use choline, Centrophenoxine was my favorite!
Edited by Pike, 19 August 2009 - 07:39 AM.