←  Ageless Looks

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

SKin Irritation towards Taz

happy lemon's Photo happy lemon 04 Sep 2009

I bought tretinoin 0.5% cream, Taz 0.05% gel & 0.1% cream from ADC.

I had started using gel every other day for 2 weeks. Maybe I was using more than a pea size amount of gel (twice to three times the amount), my skin felt like burning no matter I put it on (except water).

I have stopped using it for almost 2 weeks and skin returns to normal conditions.

I will start using it soon & know that I should drop the frequency to every 3rd day and use no more than a pea size amount of gel + moisturizer under Taz (I did).

What I want to know if burning sensation is a normal reaction to retinoid and such kind of irritation will only last for few weeks and then I will be "retinized".

mcriot29's Photo mcriot29 06 Sep 2009

I bought tretinoin 0.5% cream, Taz 0.05% gel & 0.1% cream from ADC.

I had started using gel every other day for 2 weeks. Maybe I was using more than a pea size amount of gel (twice to three times the amount), my skin felt like burning no matter I put it on (except water).

I have stopped using it for almost 2 weeks and skin returns to normal conditions.

I will start using it soon & know that I should drop the frequency to every 3rd day and use no more than a pea size amount of gel + moisturizer under Taz (I did).

What I want to know if burning sensation is a normal reaction to retinoid and such kind of irritation will only last for few weeks and then I will be "retinized".

hey use both on same night once every 4 days this works best and no redness etc

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

tintinet's Photo tintinet 07 Sep 2009

I do not think a burning sensation is at all normal. I have no sensation at all upon application of tazorac.

TheFountain's Photo TheFountain 07 Sep 2009

I do not think a burning sensation is at all normal. I have no sensation at all upon application of tazorac.

Do you use the recommended amount or more?

tintinet's Photo tintinet 08 Sep 2009

Do you use the recommended amount or more?

Usually I aim for the recommended amount. Sometimes I end up with slightly more than I intended to get out of the tube. I think my skin looks better when I use the gel rather than the cream base, FWIW.