←  Vimmortal

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

boron

ajnast4r's Photo ajnast4r 05 Nov 2009

original thread

current suggestions are glycinate, citrate and fructoborate. i'm leaning towards fructoborate as of now... discuss

Blue's Photo Blue 05 Nov 2009

The manufacturer of this patented form of boron cites several studies. The most important claims seems to come from one ostheoarthritis study turn out to be an 2002 unpulished manuscript by the patent holder himself regarding an open-label, pilot study in Yugoslavia. Not managed to find the study, if there is one since no references are given, regarding somewhat higher bioavailability for fructoborate compared to boron citrate. I can find no published comparative evidence that this form should be superior to any other form.

EFSA writes that borate has a bioavailability >90% which should be enough.
http://www.efsa.euro...f?ssbinary=true
Edited by Blue, 05 November 2009 - 04:58 AM.

shazam's Photo shazam 05 Nov 2009

The manufacturer of this patented form of boron cites several studies. The most important claims seems to come from one ostheoarthritis study turn out to be an 2002 unpulished manuscript by the patent holder himself regarding an open-label, pilot study in Yugoslavia. Not managed to find the study, if there is one since no references are given, regarding somewhat higher bioavailability for fructoborate compared to boron citrate. I can find no published comparative evidence that this form should be superior to any other form.

EFSA writes that borate has a bioavailability >90% which should be enough.
http://www.efsa.euro...f?ssbinary=true

Hm. Interesting. Still undecided, though that shady research is definately worth noting. Personally, I would like to avoid citrates since I like my aluminum intake where it is. However, if fructoborate proves too expensive I guess I'd bend. Though I'd prefer a different organic salt.

Alot boron supplements use boric acid as opposed to borate, however... not sure if that's a problem or not.