←  Group Discussion

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Just completed my first work unit :-)

orion602's Photo orion602 30 Jan 2010

It took my ancient processor whole week to complete and get 336 points for it [not 24/7 just couple of hours a day]

this unit came from project 6316, Protein: p6316_sh3_with_ALA_frags with 15097 atoms SH3 domain wiki
sh3_wpep_small.jpg

not so important just a drop in the folding@home project ocean;

Im posting this just to encourage more people to join our folding team # 32461 or inactive users to start folding again :-D. The Longevity Meme team is currently at 71st place producing slightly above 200 000 points/24hours.
Just imagine some 200 additional folders,even if producing only 1000 points a day on average, would double team's production.

When my fossil computer can send back completed work unit on time yours can too [i had doubts..in fact this was just testing]. I have 2000 MHz Intel Celeron. at first it took about 40 minutes to get 1% done but i have overclocked it a bit to 2475 MHz so it can make 1% in 30mins. that is 50hours/wu.. slooooow but it works fine. i set my F@H client to autostart with computer so i dont need to run it manually. will keep torturing old celeron before I get something better to fold with.

I am going to buy some new high-end computer hardware in coming months. hope to reach 10 000+ points daily average during this year.

Shannon Vyff's Photo Shannon Vyff 30 Jan 2010

Great news!

JediMasterLucia's Photo JediMasterLucia 31 Jan 2010

when I started folding I had an ancient computer too, but every little bit helps :-D

Mind's Photo Mind 31 Jan 2010

Awesome! Keep up the good work. Everyone else join in too!

wawee's Photo wawee 01 Dec 2010

Hi,
That was great and nice to know that you are really doing right of it..
keep up the good works...