←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

HEADACHES WITH NOOTROPICS

squork's Photo squork 19 Jul 2004

Hi,

Just wanted to hear if others have had headache problems with Piracetam, Hydergine, and Choline.
I took attack dose of Piracetam 7800 mg. for 5 days with improved reading comprehension, verbal fluency, and overall memory. Crashed on day 6 with big depression and mental dullness--most likely a depletion of that important neurotransmitter I forgot the name of.

Took a week break, then restarted. I've been taking lower doses of piracetam 800mg/day still with headache effects and not much IQ benefit. This is the same with hydergine at .75 mg/day. Choline seems to have the same effect and combinations don't work either. Am I just not nootropic compatible?

Of course I'd like to regain that honeymoon period I had the first 5 days. I suspect that was a placebo effect, something similar I experienced in the first few days of Lexapro usage.
Does anyone find nootropics to give them a consistent and noticeable improvement in mental functioning? Any insight would be appreciated.

[lol]

nootropi's Photo nootropi 19 Jul 2004

Hi,

Just wanted to hear if others have had headache problems with Piracetam, Hydergine, and Choline.
I took attack dose of Piracetam 7800 mg. for 5 days with improved reading comprehension, verbal fluency, and overall memory.  Crashed on day 6 with big depression and mental dullness--most likely a depletion of that important neurotransmitter I forgot the name of. 

Took a week break, then restarted.  I've been taking lower doses of piracetam 800mg/day still with headache effects and not much IQ benefit.  This is the same with hydergine at .75 mg/day.  Choline seems to have the same effect and combinations don't work either.  Am I just not nootropic compatible? 

Of course I'd like to regain that honeymoon period I had the first 5 days.  I suspect that was a placebo effect, something similar I experienced in the first few days of Lexapro usage. 
Does anyone find nootropics to give them a consistent and noticeable improvement in mental functioning?  Any insight would be appreciated.

[lol]

Here is what I recommend. Email smi2le, and ask him to make you a custom pill that gives you, in one day:

Aniracetam 2 X 750 mg
Idebenone 2 X 50 mg
Centrophenoxine 1 X 250 mg
Picamilon 2 X 100 mg
Phosphadityl Serine 100 mg

That is powerful and not too expensive. Let us know what the price is for a one month supply.

Take care and good luck,

Adam
;)

19 Jul 2004

Check your blood pressure on the day you get the headache.

squork's Photo squork 20 Jul 2004

Thanks for the advise Adam. I e-mailed my questions and the prescription to smi2le. I'll keep you "posted" on their response.

I noticed you didn't include piracetam or hydergine in the mix. Is that because you find them ineffective for yourself, or because I mentioned my difficulty? How will these others be different?

Prometheus,

I have a headache today w/o anything taken, maybe residual from days before. Blood pressure normal just under 120.

Thanks for the help,

-squork

nootropi's Photo nootropi 20 Jul 2004

Thanks for the advise Adam.  I e-mailed my questions and the prescription to smi2le.  I'll keep you "posted" on their response.

I noticed you didn't include piracetam or hydergine in the mix.  Is that because you find them ineffective for yourself, or because I mentioned my difficulty?  How will these others be different?

I take 4.5 mg hydergine daily, 2400 mg piracetam daily as well. I am just suggesting this because it is cheap and powerful. I am assuming you are cash strapped, as most of us are. What is your budget per month?

My stack is VERY elaborate. I take about 20 different supplements daily. It gets expensive...

shpongled's Photo shpongled 20 Jul 2004

There is no reason to use attack doses of piracetam.

The headaches may have been due to high blood pressure, excessive cholinergic activity, or coincidence.

squork's Photo squork 20 Jul 2004

There is no reason to use attack doses of piracetam.

The headaches may have been due to high blood pressure, excessive cholinergic activity, or coincidence.

I hope that was it. I've not been taking anything for 3 days now and I still have this persitent headache and mental lethargy. I hope I didn't fry my brain permanently in someway. I would have assumed that would have happened after the attack dose of piracetam but that was nearly a month ago. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Take care,

Squork