←  Forum Issues

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

how do i use the chatbox?

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 08 Jul 2010

I see other peoples' messages in the chatbox window but I can't find a way to enter my own messages. What am I missing? (besides a sharp mind).

caliban's Photo caliban 09 Jul 2010

can you post a screenshot?

Luna's Photo Luna 09 Jul 2010

Maybe the problem is with chrome? I can't see how to use the chatbox either, there is no place to type the text and no send button or anything like that, just the messages. I am using chrome, didn't try explorer though.

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 09 Jul 2010

can you post a screenshot?

I've attached a picture along (let me know if it doesn't work)... if it matters, I'm on a Mac running Firefox.

Attached File  sschatbox.jpg   95.35KB   33 downloads

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 09 Jul 2010

Maybe the problem is with chrome? I can't see how to use the chatbox either, there is no place to type the text and no send button or anything like that, just the messages. I am using chrome, didn't try explorer though.

How long has it been not working for you? I just signed up so I thought it might just be a temp problem.
Edited by imminstBob, 09 July 2010 - 05:43 PM.

How long has it been not working for you? I just signed up so I thought it might just be a temp problem.

ever since they upgraded the forums and added it.

rwac's Photo rwac 09 Jul 2010

I've attached a picture along (let me know if it doesn't work)... if it matters, I'm on a Mac running Firefox.

ever since they upgraded the forums and added it.

Have you guys tried clearing the cache, or using a different browser ?

Also, I've seen problems like this before with some addons. In my case, it was the spellcheck addon that was causing the problem.

I don't have firefox, I have chrome. will try cache

didn't work!

Edit: Tried explorer, didn't work either.
Edited by Luna, 09 July 2010 - 06:08 PM.

caliban's Photo caliban 10 Jul 2010

odd.

No, its not browser or screenszize related on a PC. Could it be a Mac issue?

What happens if you guys try the main chatbox window:
http://www.imminst.o...hp?app=shoutbox ?

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 10 Jul 2010

odd.

No, its not browser or screenszize related on a PC. Could it be a Mac issue?

What happens if you guys try the main chatbox window:
http://www.imminst.o...hp?app=shoutbox ?

Going to the main chatbox appears to make no difference for me. Is this the first time this problem has been brought up?

Luna's Photo Luna 10 Jul 2010

Same thing, no where to type/send.. I am not using mac but windows 7.
Posted Image
Edited by Luna, 10 July 2010 - 04:15 AM.

Elus's Photo Elus 10 Jul 2010

It doesn't work for me either. :(

I'm using a PC, Windows 7 64-bit, chrome browser.

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 10 Jul 2010

The main chatbox doesn't work either. I don't think it's my Mac because I've never encountered any problems (that I know of) with websites before.

Normal Dan's Photo Normal Dan 13 Jul 2010

The chatbox isn't working for me either.
I've tried on Firefox and IE 7

Reno's Photo Reno 13 Jul 2010

Yeah, it hasn't worked for me either. I just thought it was a full members only feature just like the signatures.

I run firefox 3.6.6, and I clear my temp files every time I close the browser.

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 14 Jul 2010

How long has this Chatbox been up for?

caliban's Photo caliban 16 Jul 2010

I think its fixed now?

On reflection, maybe this should be a members-only feature?

EricR's Photo EricR 16 Jul 2010

I think its fixed now?

It seems to be fixed for me. I can now see the input box and some buttons on right side of chat box. I could not see these previously.

I noticed that about every 30 seconds the top row of buttons moves. It looks like the "refresh" button disappears for a fraction of a second. When it disappears, the "shout" and "clear" buttons recenter themselves under the text input area. This is an observation, not a problem.

I'm using Firefox on Windows XP.

rwac's Photo rwac 16 Jul 2010

On reflection, maybe this should be a members-only feature?

Nah, its way too quiet as it is.

imminstBob's Photo imminstBob 17 Jul 2010

It seems to be fixed for me. I can now see the input box and some buttons on right side of chat box. I could not see these previously.

I noticed that about every 30 seconds the top row of buttons moves. It looks like the "refresh" button disappears for a fraction of a second. When it disappears, the "shout" and "clear" buttons recenter themselves under the text input area. This is an observation, not a problem.

Same here. The chat functionality is working but there is a minor bug that causes a "reloading" of the top 3 buttons (Shout, Clear, Refresh) once every approximately 30 seconds. Still, good job getting it to work, Caliban!

Luna's Photo Luna 18 Jul 2010

Oh hey it's working now! Thank you :)
Edited by Luna, 18 July 2010 - 04:44 AM.