←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Chess

supreme89's Photo supreme89 15 Aug 2010

Which Nootropics can help improve my chess skills? Btw, I'm already an expert level player (1900+).

chrono's Photo chrono 15 Aug 2010

Well, what are the most important mental components to a good chess game? Which ones do you feel you need a boost in personally?

Animal's Photo Animal 15 Aug 2010

Which Nootropics can help improve my chess skills? Btw, I'm already an expert level player (1900+).

To be considered an expert you have to be rated 2000 or above. How do I know this? Because I am also 1900+ and I'm USCF rated as class A. :sad:
Edited by Animal, 15 August 2010 - 10:03 PM.

kassem23's Photo kassem23 17 Aug 2010

What do you need in chess to become great -- diligent practice. Practice openings, mid-game and end-game and keep increasing the difficulty of your games. Something really important is trying to be able to look "beyond" 2-3 steps and try to look even further. Unfortunately I don't recall who said it, but it was something like: "Normal people only look 2-3 steps beyond, whereas grandmasters look 5-8 steps beyond and that is -- what makes them, grandmasters."

health_nutty's Photo health_nutty 17 Aug 2010

I think dual-n-back training would help chess considerably.