←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Suggest me a nootropic that improves memory?

kair0s's Photo kair0s 15 Dec 2010

Does anyone know of a good nootropic drug that will improve memory? something proven to work.

I'm 22 years old, I have Fetal alcohol syndrome (my mother drank while she was pregnant), so I don't have a very good memory. I don't wanna have to go through the trouble of finding a doctor, having them test my memory and then finally prescribing me something, so I been looking up nootropic drugs I can buy online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever heard of Vinpocetine( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vinpocetine )?
Edited by kair0s, 15 December 2010 - 04:39 AM.

Ark's Photo Ark 15 Dec 2010

I suggest Bacopa, Lion's Main, Coconut Oils, lots of greens and blue berrys
Also don't forget Pilicome/Paractam and Choline.

Sleep/Diet and lay off drugs and booz, hope you feel better.

Ichoose2live's Photo Ichoose2live 15 Dec 2010

Does anyone know of a good nootropic drug that will improve memory? something proven to work.

I'm 22 years old, I have Fetal alcohol syndrome (my mother drank while she was pregnant), so I don't have a very good memory. I don't wanna have to go through the trouble of finding a doctor, having them test my memory and then finally prescribing me something, so I been looking up nootropic drugs I can buy online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever heard of Vinpocetine( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vinpocetine )?

Alpha-GPC: CDP vs GPC - GPC antagonizes scopolamine-induced amnesia and enhances hippocampal cholinergic transmission in the rat.

CDP-choline: CDP for cognitive and behavioural disturbances associated with chronic cerebral disorders in the elderly - Treatment of mild cognitive impairment

Oxiracetam Effects of acute doses of oxiracetam in the scopolamine model of human amnesia - Effects memory-enhancing drugs-- Effects of oxiracetam on learning and memory in animals: comparison with piracetam

Bacopa -- Bacopa improve memory -- Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera

Idebenone A powerful nootropic -- improvements in short-term and long-term memory and attention, with improvements in speech functions, performance of kinesthetic, spatial, and dynamic praxis tests, and in visuospatial gnosis, thought, and writing. - Randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicentre study of idebenone in patients suffering from multi-infarct dementia

Aniracetam - Aniracetam reversed learning and memory deficits - Aniracetam improves radial maze performance in rats.

Pramiracetam - Pramiracetam effects on scopolamine-induced amnesia in healthy volunteers - Placebo-controlled study of pramiracetam in young males

zm3thod's Photo zm3thod 15 Dec 2010

My memory issues aren't related to FAS but for me
"The combination that worked was alternating Jarrow CDP Choline and Alpha GPC when studying or taking a test, occasional low dose 1fast400 piracetam when studying (too erratic for me to risk on tests), and 500mg Doctor's Best ALCAR on waking during the weekdays. "
I'm not sure of the long-term effects (do I remember things better now than if I had never taken anything?), but for that semester it made a big difference.
http://www.imminst.o...123-for-memory/

I tried vinpocetine off and on and never noticed anything consistent from it. You might want to search the forums since I think there are some health concerns associated with it as well
Edited by zm3thod, 15 December 2010 - 07:42 PM.

kair0s's Photo kair0s 16 Dec 2010

Alpha-GPC: CDP vs GPC - GPC antagonizes scopolamine-induced amnesia and enhances hippocampal cholinergic transmission in the rat.

CDP-choline: CDP for cognitive and behavioural disturbances associated with chronic cerebral disorders in the elderly - Treatment of mild cognitive impairment

Oxiracetam Effects of acute doses of oxiracetam in the scopolamine model of human amnesia - Effects memory-enhancing drugs-- Effects of oxiracetam on learning and memory in animals: comparison with piracetam

Bacopa -- Bacopa improve memory -- Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera

Idebenone A powerful nootropic -- improvements in short-term and long-term memory and attention, with improvements in speech functions, performance of kinesthetic, spatial, and dynamic praxis tests, and in visuospatial gnosis, thought, and writing. - Randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicentre study of idebenone in patients suffering from multi-infarct dementia

Aniracetam - Aniracetam reversed learning and memory deficits - Aniracetam improves radial maze performance in rats.

Pramiracetam - Pramiracetam effects on scopolamine-induced amnesia in healthy volunteers - Placebo-controlled study of pramiracetam in young males

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to try alot of these, but Im also interested in this list of supplements/nootropics http://www.imminst.o...-to-nootropics/

Piracetam
CDPCholine
sulbutiamine or pyritinol
Picamilon
Aniracetam
Lion's Mane
Fish Oil
PhosphatidylSerine
Bacopa

Is there anything in your list that I should mix in this one? I'm looking to improve anything really..attention, brain fog, motivation, cognition, because I also have untreated ADHD-PI/Sluggish cognitive tempo. But improving my memory is my primary focus, since it seems to be my biggest problem.
Edited by kair0s, 16 December 2010 - 03:23 AM.