←  Donor Hall of Fame

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Imminst's third research fundraiser

brokenportal's Photo brokenportal 17 Dec 2010

You have a chance to be a part of it.

http://www.imminst.o...erapy-research/
Edited by brokenportal, 14 March 2011 - 04:56 PM.

brokenportal's Photo brokenportal 19 Dec 2010

Donate if you can.

brokenportal's Photo brokenportal 28 Dec 2010

Donate while you still have a chance.

That includes while this fundraiser is going on, and while your still alive. Besides this fundraiser, we only have a limited amount of time to save our own lives.

jdgauchat's Photo jdgauchat 28 Dec 2010

This is great. I already put my $20, and will try to do more in a few days.

love research fundraisers!

JD

VictorBjoerk's Photo VictorBjoerk 20 Feb 2011

Please seriously consider helping the cause, even a small amount of 5 $ goes a long way!

Our future depends on the action of us!

jdgauchat's Photo jdgauchat 20 Feb 2011

Let's bring some discussion here.

I think this shows a little bit why we don't have to turn ImmInst into just a forum. The forum is just a tool, but not a multipurpose tool. And it's obvious that for some purposes a forum is not really effective. Immortality Institute is an organization that provides tools and help to organize a community to achieve the goal of immortality. That might include the creation of new websites and new tools to support different project (fundraising would be surely one) and be more effective. Concentrate everything in a forum doesn't work.
I suppose members and members of the board are so familiar with the forum that they think that the rest of the people is familiar as well. But people don't use to read long messages and discussions, you can't convince people to support research just posting messages in a forum. You can't get volunteers for a project if every person that want's to become volunteer has to read endless and confusing posts to know what the project is about.

The other day I stumbled upon a website, I can't find the link, that was helping artist to get money for their projects. It was simple, with a clear message for every project. A great example of how to attract people's attention and money. I can't remember the link but the homepage showed a few projects. Clicking on the project showed more information about it and the possibility to donate.

It's not about to provide a box were people can send money, it's about convince people to donate. And a forum is totally useless for that purpose.

JD
Edited by jdkasinsky, 20 February 2011 - 01:36 AM.

The Immortalist's Photo The Immortalist 04 Mar 2011

Let's bring some discussion here.

I think this shows a little bit why we don't have to turn ImmInst into just a forum. The forum is just a tool, but not a multipurpose tool. And it's obvious that for some purposes a forum is not really effective. Immortality Institute is an organization that provides tools and help to organize a community to achieve the goal of immortality. That might include the creation of new websites and new tools to support different project (fundraising would be surely one) and be more effective. Concentrate everything in a forum doesn't work.
I suppose members and members of the board are so familiar with the forum that they think that the rest of the people is familiar as well. But people don't use to read long messages and discussions, you can't convince people to support research just posting messages in a forum. You can't get volunteers for a project if every person that want's to become volunteer has to read endless and confusing posts to know what the project is about.

The other day I stumbled upon a website, I can't find the link, that was helping artist to get money for their projects. It was simple, with a clear message for every project. A great example of how to attract people's attention and money. I can't remember the link but the homepage showed a few projects. Clicking on the project showed more information about it and the possibility to donate.

It's not about to provide a box were people can send money, it's about convince people to donate. And a forum is totally useless for that purpose.

JD

I agree.

Can someone give it a +1 rating? I accidentally pressed the negative rating button.