←  Nootropic Stacks

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Blocking the drowsiness of an H1 blocker

OneScrewLoose's Photo OneScrewLoose 26 Jan 2012

I currently have to take a medication that is a strong H1 blocker, which naturally makes me drowsy. But instead of sleeping 5-6 hours a night, I sleep 10-12, and still wake up tired. Is there any way I can take that medication without sleeping for so long. And no, taking a mess of caffeine when I wake up doesn't work.

PhaQ's Photo PhaQ 27 Jan 2012

Modafinil is histaminergic. It increases histamine levels in the hypothalamus, that's one of the things that makes it unique and not just another watered down amphetamine like stimulant.

sponsored ad  

Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

OneScrewLoose's Photo OneScrewLoose 01 Feb 2012

Can't have modafinil, D2 agonists do really weird things to me.
Edited by OneScrewLoose, 01 February 2012 - 03:34 AM.

PhaQ's Photo PhaQ 01 Feb 2012

I was going to say I was out of ideas, but then I remembered betahistine, and I thought that might be worth a shot. Not sure though, its only a weak h1 agonist, and a very strong H3 antagonist. Look into it and see what you think, I'm no expert.

sponsored ad  

Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

PhaQ's Photo PhaQ 02 Feb 2012

Well I've been reading up on histamine. Since it never seemed to have much recreational potential, I didn't spend years of my youth studying it like other neurotransmitters. Betahistine sounds like it might help a lot. H3 antagonists block the histamine autoreceptors, thereby increasing histamine in the CNS, which promotes wakefulness and vigilance. Give it a shot, the stuff is dirt cheap. I might get some to see if it helps with my own somnolence issues.