←  Projects

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Individual titles for each post

Poll: Should the suggestion be adopted? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the suggestion be adopted?

1. Yes (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

caliban's Photo caliban 20 Feb 2005

Suggestion:

Please put a title box in every message box, for the writer to place a particular title; the default of course will be the thread topic title preceded by 're'.

Infernity's Photo Infernity 20 Feb 2005

As long as it is not must to fill it in, than why not?

~Infernity

JMorgan's Photo JMorgan 20 Feb 2005

Would this perhaps clutter up the threads more? One of the things I like about ImmInst's forums is that it's very easy to navigate. I've seen forums where there is SOOO much clutter on the screen, it's hard to find what you're looking for.

reason's Photo reason 21 Feb 2005

I don't think the titles add much to it - you don't see them used all that much in on forums that use them.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme
reason@longevitymeme.org
http://www.longevitymeme.org

eternaltraveler's Photo eternaltraveler 22 Feb 2005

seems kind of pointless. If you are responding to a thread it really should be in regards to the thread you are posting in and should therefore not need it's own title.

Infernity's Photo Infernity 22 Feb 2005

I was thinking of it as somethink like what Susma does in the very most of his posts, it can work out fine in my poinion; but only for as long as you don't have to fill it in...

Yours
~Infernity

25 Feb 2005

I probably wouldn't use an individual title for each post, but I know Susma titles each post and I think he would like a title feature. As long as it's optional for each post I wouldn't mind such a feature.