←  Forum Issues

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Can we have forum search back?

abelard lindsay's Photo abelard lindsay 18 Jun 2013

I noticed forum search doesn't work anymore. Google is fairly useless because it's incomplete and can't be time filtered and/or time sorted. Can you at least enable it for members like me that have donated?

niner's Photo niner 18 Jun 2013

I hope this was just an oversight. At any rate, I'm in complete agreement with abelard. Google is absolutely not a substitute for the built-in forum search. We frequently need to filter by user name or restrict the search to specific areas. We really need to get that back.

caliban's Photo caliban 18 Jun 2013

last item under "topic search" in the menu

abelard lindsay's Photo abelard lindsay 19 Jun 2013

last item under "topic search" in the menu

When you go to that form and hit the search button it ignores the form and brings up the Google search instead of using the board's built in search.

caliban's Photo caliban 19 Jun 2013

sorry about that, should be fixed now

niner's Photo niner 19 Jun 2013

Was this change announced anywhere? If so, it looks like a lot of us missed it...

Michael's Photo Michael 31 Jul 2013

I'm not sure if this is the same search page that was previously disabled, but the radio button that previously selected between searching for individual posts vs. entire threads on teh search page I use recently disappeared. This is a significant PITA, as it means that if you're looking for something on biogenesis, you'll get every thread where biogenesis is mentioned, even if it's one post on the fourth page of the thread on some silly supplement where someone says "I buy mine from Biogenesis Nutritionals." Can this please be restored?

rwac's Photo rwac 31 Jul 2013

Michael, the radio button seems to be right at the bottom, below "Find in Forum"
  • Display results
    As posts As a topic list

Is this what you were looking for?
Edited by rwac, 31 July 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Michael's Photo Michael 31 Jul 2013

Michael, the radio button seems to be right at the bottom, below "Find in Forum"

• Display results
    As posts As a topic list
Is this what you were looking for?

Er ... yes, it is!

I sweardagawd that wasn't there the last time I went looking for it a couple of days ago ....

If someone did something: thanks! (And thanks for the pointer, rwac).

niner's Photo niner 31 Jul 2013

We could avoid a lot of confusion and wasted time if significant changes in the interface were documented in a way that the community was likely to see.

BarrelBoy's Photo BarrelBoy 28 Aug 2013

I'd also like to suggest a search for keywords/phrases within individual topics. I mean some stretch out over hundreds of pages and it takes a while to just get to a certain page in some of those longer ones.

IVDaDon1's Photo IVDaDon1 30 Aug 2013

I agree 100 %

the old search options were alot better than google search

rwac's Photo rwac 30 Aug 2013

The old search is still around in the left sidebar.
"Topic Search"/"Forum Search"

IVDaDon1's Photo IVDaDon1 31 Aug 2013

The old search is still around in the left sidebar.
"Topic Search"/"Forum Search"

ok thanks..