←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Colostrinin: Anti Alzheimers, viral, autoi...

Logic's Photo Logic 04 Jul 2013

Colostrinin is an alcohol extraction of colostrum that seems to have a number of interesting and positive effects, like reducing the frequency of DNA mutations. (in-vitro) as well as inhibiting the aggregation of amyloid beta as well as disrupting existing aggregates acting as a beta sheet breaker. (in-vitro)

The Wiki page on Colostrinin summarises and references it very nicely and IMHO it seems worthy of further research and discussion.
(This really sounds like a plug! :|o Perhaps I should ask the manufacturer for a commission if this stuff pans out! :) )

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Colostrinin
Edited by Logic, 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

lumia's Photo lumia 02 Dec 2016

I wonder how Logic is thinking about it now? Looks like Life Extension has just released a Colostrinin product for the consumer market, and it's not particularly expensive.

Logic's Photo Logic 03 Dec 2016

Thx Lumia

There are a couple of products on the market.
I have bought some as part of a telomerase activation stack I have planned.

lumia's Photo lumia 03 Dec 2016

Speaking of, is it fair to claim that other colostrum-origin proline-rich polypeptides may have the same effect as colostrinin? PRP as expressed in normal colostrum formulas is far cheaper in an mcg-to-mcg price.

Rorororo's Photo Rorororo 31 Jul 2019

I'm quite surprised that no one ever mentions bovine colostrum on this forum. I take 3 grams each day and have been doing so for the past 6 months. It gives me a surge of energy like no other supplement as well as a good overall feeling of well being.

BasicBiO's Photo BasicBiO 17 Aug 2019

I'm quite surprised that no one ever mentions bovine colostrum on this forum. I take 3 grams each day and have been doing so for the past 6 months. It gives me a surge of energy like no other supplement as well as a good overall feeling of well being.

I'm a fan of it as well.  I use it to control my allergies or to fight off a cold etc.

Heisok's Photo Heisok 18 Aug 2019

I have been using it off and on for years. A little expensive.  Kilo's worth of full fat colostrum, as some are processed. I have tried a few brands.  I do not know which is better, but the one I use also works well making chocolate like I did tonight. Blended into a Latte, or just by the spoonfull.

geo12the's Photo geo12the 25 Aug 2019

This is the one supplement I have taken where you feel a very strong effect -very energized- after taking it. But I haven’t been taking it because it gives me insomnia