←  Mental Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Echinacea purpurea and Cannabinoids?

Kefas's Photo Kefas 11 Sep 2013

I have read that Echinacea purpurea stimulates the Cannabinoids in the brain.

I`ve always get a good effect on my mood when I buy medication for cold with this in.

Anyone else with same exprience of this, or other food/drink that stimulates Cannabinoids?

Kindly regards / Kefas

Ruth's Photo Ruth 10 Oct 2017

As far I read and know, it is only modest in CB1 activation and is only a partial/inverse agonist at the CB1 receptors.

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Ruth's Photo Ruth 10 Oct 2017

http://www.sciencedi...031942211003037

" Both partial and inverse agonist compounds for cannabinoid (CB1) receptors were identified among the metabolites, characterized by weak to moderate interactions with the G-protein signaling mechanisms. The G-protein-modulating activities of the Echinacea compounds are rather far from the full agonist effects seen with the CB1 receptor agonist reference compound arachidonyl-2′-chloroethylamide (ACEA). However, upon coadministration with ACEA, a number of them proved capable of inhibiting the stimulation of the pure agonist, thereby demonstrating cannabinoid receptor antagonist properties.