←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

How to permanently extinct fear?

stolpioni's Photo stolpioni 09 Apr 2014

Is there a way to permanently remove the anxiety/fear response in the brain, by taking a drug?

I've heard about Vorinostat (study here), Neuropeptide S (study here), and CL-994 (as discussed here on the forum).

Anyone have experience with these drugs? What side effects could one expect? Are they safe?

YOLF's Photo YOLF 09 Apr 2014

What do you hope to get by removing fear entirely?

What do you hope to get by removing fear entirely?

No more anxeity. Freedom.

arjacent's Photo arjacent 09 Apr 2014

I have only been able to do this twice, unfortunately for no longer than a day at a time.

1) First time I raised testosterone and DHT and lowered estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor. I felt zero fear, greatest peace ever.

2) Day one of taking an alpha-blocker. I suspect benzos would have the same effect for the first few days.

These methods aren't exactly safe and I wouldn't recommend them either short or long term. Generally though lowering norepinephrine will lower most forms of fear.

I have only been able to do this twice, unfortunately for no longer than a day at a time.

1) First time I raised testosterone and DHT and lowered estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor. I felt zero fear, greatest peace ever.

2) Day one of taking an alpha-blocker. I suspect benzos would have the same effect for the first few days.

These methods aren't exactly safe and I wouldn't recommend them either short or long term. Generally though lowering norepinephrine will lower most forms of fear.

How did you raise your T-levels, with steroids?

YOLF's Photo YOLF 09 Apr 2014

There are lots of noots that lower anxiety. You can read up on oxytocin acetate. Lots of good threads about it here. Don't use if you're over 35 and take it with a low dose aspirin as it's a clotting factor.

explr9's Photo explr9 11 Apr 2014

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cycloserine

but its tough to get and you have to work thru stuff in therapy for it to work.

Blue Methyelene is easy to get, but its effects are subtle- you'd have to work harder in therapy.

Fear exists in the mind and the brain.

Certain kinds of fear have positive survival value. 

The hindu vedas indicate that even the wisest people have fear.

bzyb's Photo bzyb 11 Apr 2014

Through biochemisty I don't know, since mostly its experiental like through doing what you fear.  One time I fainted after giving blood, and afterwards I didn't feel I had anything to fear, though I don't recommend blood-letting.

MEMOREX's Photo MEMOREX 11 Apr 2014

Magnesium-L-threonate, Magtein

“Effects of Elevation of Brain Magnesium on Fear Conditioning, Fear Extinction, and Synaptic Plasticity in the Infralimbic Prefrontal Cortex and Lateral Amygdala.“ Abrumania, Yin, Zhang, Li, Chen, Descalzi, Zhao, Ahn, Luo, Ran, Zhuo, Liu; The Journal of Neuroscience, October 19, 2011; 31(42): 14871-14881.