←  Lifestyle

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Sleep data: bedtime, risetime, morning caf...

gwern's Photo gwern 04 Aug 2014

So I recently spent some time learning how to parse timestamps and do a bit of factor analysis, in the interests of looking at my Zeo sleep data some more. I've done the following:

redFishBlueFish's Photo redFishBlueFish 16 Aug 2014

gwern,

This is an insane amount of data. There was no alcohol conclusion. Some people that have smaller tracheas are susceptible to the trachea relaxing and collapsing with alcohol. I pulled the alcohol consumption from a study that someone shared on this forum. Good to see you do not have this problem. :)

Edited by redFishBlueFish, 16 August 2014 - 08:43 AM.

gwern's Photo gwern 16 Aug 2014

I've been using my Zeo consistently almost since the start, so the data does accumulate! As for tracheas: maybe I have the problem, maybe I don't; but at least as far as I can tell, one or two glasses of wine isn't enough to trigger any clear problems.

redFishBlueFish's Photo redFishBlueFish 16 Aug 2014

Beyond the zeo, have you tried any of the other devices like jawbone or fitbit?

gwern's Photo gwern 16 Aug 2014

No. I don't see what they add above and beyond a Zeo.

gwern's Photo gwern 27 Sep 2014

I am adding a Zephyr cheststrap, though, because the HRV data looks like it could be very useful. I think that tracks movement to some extent so I might be able to feed the movement into a sleep app and see how well they match.