←  Other Conversations

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

What kind of memories do you remember?

Bubbles's Photo Bubbles 07 Aug 2014

What kind of details/memories do you remember? I noticed that people without much social experience, they tend to remember all sorts of stupid 'shit' like for example, when I was pissing in a toilet and my phone rang too loud that it was heard by everybody -_- This sounds so stupid, and is a bad example, but you got the point.

On the other hand, people with a higher social interactivity, remembers only important details, such as.. oh well you can think of it.

So, my question is, does this depend only on social experience? Because I have a social life as well, but sometimes I can remember the most meaningless things as well. So meaningless that by simply mentioning them, it would sound absurd or plain silly.

Someone help me out with this thread, I have a point but it's not complete.

Ekscentra's Photo Ekscentra 10 Aug 2014

I'm about as isolated as Isochroma in his prime, for what it's worth. I tend to remember nearly everything regardless as long as it's relevant, aside from visual details. I've been eidetic my entire life, though less so after the myopia began. So no, I can't say social interaction brought any negative change to my memory. The only difference was in the character of my memories, i.e. they'd tend to be more emotionally charged, more associated.

redFishBlueFish's Photo redFishBlueFish 17 Aug 2014

I don't remember anything past 5 years in long term memory. I remember when I started college, I remember when I first moved to this area. I can visually remember it like I am still there, but in text form, I remember dramatic events before 5 years. Like when a kid in my jr high school was beat up so bad he died. I remember being offered drugs on my way home. I don't remember anyone or what that area looks like. There must a trigger associated with nostalgia. So it goes short term memory, long term memory, archived memories, dumped memories for me. Archived memories will have a text association and maybe a single photo of the area, dumped memories are ones I don't even remember happening. 

I am happy I forgot the many deja vu sessions I had growing up. I would have a dream about an event and then one day the dream would happen. It would be so creepy. lol.