←  Lifestyle

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Foods and supplements for higher reaction...

HealthyLiving's Photo HealthyLiving 07 Aug 2014

Hi.

Any suggestions on types of food and supplements etc that can boost reaction speed?

A couple suggestions from me:

Vitamin B12

Tyrosine.

Caffeine.

Area-1255's Photo Area-1255 03 Sep 2014

Ginkgo Biloba + Piracetam - nothing more. ;)

HealthyLiving's Photo HealthyLiving 04 Sep 2014

Cacao also increases reaction speed.

Strelok's Photo Strelok 11 Sep 2014

Anything that will nourish your nervous system and help maintain proper myelination. 

You already mentioned making sure you're B12 sufficient.  I'd also suggest magnesium, ALCAR, maybe Alpha GPC or CDP Choline, and healthy fats (omega 3s, avocados, etc.) off the top of my head.  Having proper balance of electrolytes balance and good hydration certainly wouldn't hurt either.

HealthyLiving's Photo HealthyLiving 18 Sep 2014

Anything that will nourish your nervous system and help maintain proper myelination. 

You already mentioned making sure you're B12 sufficient.  I'd also suggest magnesium, ALCAR, maybe Alpha GPC or CDP Choline, and healthy fats (omega 3s, avocados, etc.) off the top of my head.  Having proper balance of electrolytes balance and good hydration certainly wouldn't hurt either.

JohnD60's Photo JohnD60 19 Sep 2014

Muscle contractions are initiated by Sodium and Potassium ions. Most people get too much Sodium, if you actively work to eliminate Sodium consumption, or you only eat unprocessed foods, you may be getting too little.

Edited by JohnD60, 19 September 2014 - 05:09 PM.