←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Coffee(caffeine) and Vasodilators

vajra78's Photo vajra78 21 Jul 2005

Is there any contradictions between caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor and hydergine which is a vasodilator. Coffee is one of my favorite smart drugs.

LifeMirage's Photo LifeMirage 21 Jul 2005

Is there any contradictions between caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor and hydergine which is a vasodilator. Coffee is one of my favorite smart drugs.

In high amounts together this may produce a headache.

Guest_da_sense_* 21 Jul 2005

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators? I feel more alert and in better mood with the right dose of caffeine or similar stuff, but i feel nothing with pyritinol, and hydergine even makes me lethargic.
I'm really interested why is this, and knowing the reason i could use it for my benefit and better lifestyle.

johnmk's Photo johnmk 21 Jul 2005

Are there peripheral-only vasoconstrictors?

dirac's Photo dirac 21 Jul 2005

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators? I feel more alert and in better mood with the right dose of caffeine or similar stuff, but i feel nothing with pyritinol, and hydergine even makes me lethargic.
I'm really interested why is this, and knowing the reason i could use it for my benefit and better lifestyle.

You appear to react in a similar manner to vasodilators, as I.
For what that is worth.

Guest_da_sense_* 21 Jul 2005

I also happen to have low blood pressure. Could be related?
Like maybe we already have good oxygen supply in brain and don't feel much of a difference with vasolidators, but constrictors raise blood pressure so we feel more alert...

dirac's Photo dirac 22 Jul 2005

I also happen to have low blood pressure. Could be related?
Like maybe we already have good oxygen supply in brain and don't feel much of a difference with vasolidators, but constrictors raise blood pressure so we feel more alert...

Once again tit-for-tat it would seem.
Rather curious...

magister's Photo magister 27 Jul 2005

There are no real answers here, only your own experiences...some have some pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo cause they happen to be taking a course in biochemistry while taking nootropics. My guess vinpocetine + hi-strength expresso = too high strung to be much use, plus piss break needed b4 any good brain work done...picamilion never gave me much, but it could have been that I was on 3 or 4 other nootropics at the time and didn't know what was doing what....vinpocetine does work...I have done it on its own and it has action.

LifeMirage's Photo LifeMirage 27 Jul 2005

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators?

Most of the researchers I know are more involved with antiaging research...no one I can recommend, in part because this is not a hot topic to study.

goku's Photo goku 20 Oct 2005

I'm in the same aforementioned boat. Must be something to this...