←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

What's the deal on Modafanil and Sleep?

Pallas's Photo Pallas 12 Nov 2014

When you use a sleep aid such as doxyalamine, does it actually put you to sleep?, Or do you just fall into a trance state and get no rem/slow wave sleep?

Likewise, if you take a histamine promoting agent such as Modafanil, and you do fall asleep, is sleep architecture affected?

pro-v's Photo pro-v 16 Nov 2014

From personal experience, I could not sleep as long but I slept better. IIRC, modafinil is used for some forms of sleep apnea. For me, the increased quality of sleep wasn't able to compensate for the amount of sleep lost,

Pallas's Photo Pallas 18 Nov 2014

From personal experience, I could not sleep as long but I slept better. IIRC, modafinil is used for some forms of sleep apnea. For me, the increased quality of sleep wasn't able to compensate for the amount of sleep lost,

How many hours do you usually "sleep" for?

pro-v's Photo pro-v 19 Nov 2014

How many hours do you usually "sleep" for?

Average is about 7 but could only sleep for 5-6 on modafinil. I really need 9 hour to feel my best. 

megatron's Photo megatron 19 Nov 2014

I seriously dislike Modafinil. I have tried it at three different occasions, and every time it has completely killed my sleep, not being able to sleep for a freaking minute. Its half life is WAY too long.