←  Mental Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Force an agonised neuron to grow dendrites...

dragomundo's Photo dragomundo 05 Jun 2015

Ok, so let's say we have a neuron/nuclei located in the adrenal/hypothalamus/whatever, and it's synapses were exposed to an agonist. If I gave the nuclei, whose synapses are agonized, a compound that doubled or tripled the rate of dendritic and synaptic formation, how would you think the neuron would respond? (to the forced growth)

Tell me what you think, and if you're a neurologist or something, your feedback would be most appreciated.

The only reason I am asking this is because I'm prescribed Adderall for mild inattentive ADHD, and am currently taking a compound that increases synaptic and dendritic growth(only tested in rats). Just curious :)

kurdishfella's Photo kurdishfella 09 Jul 2019

what compound has shown to increase synaptic and dendritic growth in rats? if anyone knows which study he is talking about please let me know since he hasn't been active since 2016.

(edit) just read his other threads, dihexa I think he is talking about.

Edited by farshad, 09 July 2019 - 08:05 PM.

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.