←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Any supplements to counteract the weight g...

szninja's Photo szninja 12 Apr 2016

I crave a lot of carbs on this med. I tried the keto diet but for some reason I would fall off the diet and gain all the weight back. I need the extra help supplement-wise along with the keto diet. Thanks!

YOLF's Photo YOLF 12 Apr 2016

Appetite suppressants are generally going to counteract the effects of that class of medication... I'd want to have one of those stomach size limiting bags installed. Testosterone might help if you can get it. BioViva has an experimental gene therapy that would help you burn more calories too. I think that's like $100k, but it's good for bone density and some cardiovascular diseases as well.

Or I suppose hCG drops or injections might work too, it'll be about maintaining high activity levels.

This kind of treatment is the last in a long line of alternatives, did you try other methods of intervention? Supplements, nutrition, coaching etc?

Galaxyshock's Photo Galaxyshock 13 Apr 2016

What dose are you on? I had cravings too at 20mg of zyprexa but I cut it down to 5mg and it's no longer a problem.