←  Mental Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

N.A.C. and aggression.

Valijon's Photo Valijon 20 Apr 2016

I recently purchased some N.A.C. because of all the benefits Of been reading about. However, even a small amount, say 500mg, is making me very aggressive. I'm not a super aggressive person naturally. It's like you turned my irritability factor up five fold.

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this? It appears I'll have to stop taking this Nootropic.

adamh's Photo adamh 16 Aug 2023

I noticed something similar when I started nac this year. Not everything gets me angry but now when I do get mad it seems out of proportion and tends to linger. I have definitely become more irritable since taking it. Searching the literature, the only place I found a correlation between nac and aggression was a study done on teenagers. It seems to be an outlier reaction so probably only a couple out of a thousand experience it. Due to the many health benefits I don't want to ditch it so I just try not to overreact when something goes wrong

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Galaxyshock's Photo Galaxyshock 17 Aug 2023

Does this effect happen soon after ingesting NAC? I could have use for some extra aggression for my workouts, haha. 

longcity90's Photo longcity90 21 Jan 2024

Could it be related to the mobilization of heavy metals? or the androgen receptor? I'm experiencing the same things.

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Galaxyshock's Photo Galaxyshock 06 Mar 2024

My guess is its action on the glutamatergic sites (NMDA and metabotropic glutamate). Glutamate is linked to aggression in certain situations. Perhaps you need a GABAergic with it to chill things down if you want to keep taking NAC.  ;)