←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Idebenone experiences

gecko22's Photo gecko22 07 Dec 2005

well i tried idebenone the other morning with my usual stack:
GNC mega mens multivitamin
1G fish oil
1G CLA
1.4G Piracetam
300mg A-GPC
200mg Pyritinol
600mg green tea powder
50mg CoQ10

Then in afternoon:
1G fish oil
Multivitamin
700-1400mg Piracetam
1G CLA
300mg A-GPC
200mg Pyritinol
600mg green tea powder

Before Gym:
Dymatize Xpand
1G ALCAR
200mg R-ALA
1G L-Tyrosine

well anyways when i added the idebenone(50mg) i felt kinda messed up, i would just zone out and start daydreaming, my head felt kind of sleepy, and i was forgetting little things that i normally wouldnt forget just due to the fact that my mind was off someplace else most of the time, about 5 or 6 hours later i drank a few cups of coffee to wake me up and i felt the effects seem to go away, this was all while i was at work so it was kinda shitty, anyone else had this kind of experience?

rfarris's Photo rfarris 07 Dec 2005

Maybe. Let me think about it.

mitkat's Photo mitkat 07 Dec 2005

I've noticed no differences since adding idebenone to my stack, and I've been on it for just over a month, between 50-75mg a day. I've only breaked for 4 days in that period. I thought I was a bit woozed at first, and that may have been, but I just chalked it up to having a weird day.

rfarris's Photo rfarris 08 Dec 2005

Ok, I've thought about it now, and I think it might be right. Not long ago I had a job interview over the phone. To be sure that I would show well I popped in a shot of the sublingual idebenone that I have on my desk.

I was so foggy when they called that I couldn't answer their first question -- "Tell me about the first project on your interview."

I never connected that to the idebenone, but I seem to remember another situation that happened before that. Shortly thereafter I ran out of idebenone and since then I haven't had a bad fog day like that.

I've got some idebenone in the mail; I'll try an experiment and report my results.

Could it be related to the amount used? I always used an entire eye-dropper full of that stuff. I think that's a lot. (One of the reasons I've changed over to pills vs liquid.)

gecko22's Photo gecko22 08 Dec 2005

hmmm, yeah thats the thing, i have the MX-50 scale so i measured it accurately to 50mg of powder, and i DEFINITELY could tell that it was the idebenone that was making me feel funny.

liorrh's Photo liorrh 08 Dec 2005

I don't think I ever got that. can you be more specific as to the effects felt?

rfarris's Photo rfarris 08 Dec 2005

How more specific can one be than "fuzzy" or "funny?" How would you describe the effects you get?

gecko22's Photo gecko22 08 Dec 2005

well, i am usually tired in the mornings but that night i got a good 6-7 hours sleep which is good for me when i go onto dayshift, so i cant blame it on being tired, but my head felt really spacey, when i tried to concentrate on something i noticed that it was almost too concentrated, like if i was thinking about something, if people were talking around me, i wouldnt even hear them while my train of thought was going inside my head, then a few seconds later i would snap out of it, and it happened LOTS that morning, and at my job i operate large equipment and take readings and such, and when i was doing my rounds at work, i would forget to finish little procedures and do other things just because my mind was always thinking about something else it seems, more or less i had a tough time thinking about what i was actually doing or what was actually going on around me because my train of thought was always running through my head, it cleared up about 5-6 hours later and after i had a couple cups of coffee around noon.

xanadu's Photo xanadu 09 Dec 2005

Idebenone seems to be a stimulant to me. It made it hard to sleep.

purerealm's Photo purerealm 18 Jan 2006

Ummm, so everyone has bad experiences with idebenone huh?

mitkat's Photo mitkat 18 Jan 2006

Yeah, pretty much. I felt no change really whatsoever after several months of use, even at approx. 70-75mg in a piracteam pill. I discontinued using it when my R-ALA ran out. I might start up using it again, I still do have about 20grams for nootrition.com, but after it's gone, it's gone for good.

meatwad's Photo meatwad 18 Jan 2006

First day I took idebenone I got a headache. This was with a relatively large amount, 45 mg. I took apart a capsule and had a tiny amount every day for the next week.

I'm up to 200mg or so a day now and I don't get headaches.

I believe the reason I had a headache was due to low brain oxygen levels. I still believe this even though after typing it out it sounds like crock, but yes, it was definately due to low brain oxygen levels!

scottl's Photo scottl 18 Jan 2006

I believe the reason I had a headache was due to low brain oxygen levels.

and you know this how?

nebben's Photo nebben 18 Jan 2006

What is positive about idebenone?
Edited by nebben, 18 January 2006 - 03:23 PM.

meatwad's Photo meatwad 20 Jan 2006

I believe the reason I had a headache was due to low brain oxygen levels.

and you know this how?

Because I did a PET scan and it measured the glucose levels in my brain afterwards?
[wis]

A chinese riddle! I hadn't exercised in awhile, and perhaps I had switched over to
anaerobic respiration, and the idebenone began quelching some of the free radicals
it was producing. All subjective. After exercising the headache went away.

/Subjective.

mitkat's Photo mitkat 23 Jan 2006

You rock, meatwad. So you're at 200mg still? I never had any luck with the stuff, but I'm glad you are. Do you take any vasodilating drugs to help supply oxygen to the brain?

"Hell yeah, I'm a dirty white boy!" - meatwad