←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Mind Power Rx

munky135's Photo munky135 06 Jan 2006

Has anyone ever heard of or tried this product? (http://www.raysaheli...indpowerrx.html)

I was thinking about taking this along with Piracetam in order to do well in school and improve my intelligence, memory, etc.

Do you think the combination of drugs/herbs in Mind Power Rx is good? Would adding Piracetam be unnecessary? Is there a more optimal combo?

Mind Power Rx Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90 (one to three month supply)

Amount Per Serving:
Acetyl-L-carnitine - 30 mg
Carnosine - 10 mg
Choline - 30 mg
DMAE - 30 mg
Trimethylglycine (TMG) - 30 mg
Tyrosine - 30 mg
Vinpocetine - 1 mg

Methylcobalamin - 30 mcg
Pantothenic acid - 30 mg

Plus a proprietary blend of:
Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract, Mucuna Pruriens extract, Ashwagandha extract, Bacopa monniera extract, Gotu kola extract, Reishi extract, Ginseng extract, Fo-ti extract, and Rhodiola extract.

Shepard's Photo Shepard 06 Jan 2006

The ingredients look good. Most people would say that it is underdosed, however.

munky135's Photo munky135 06 Jan 2006

well 1-3 month supply would mean I would take up to 3 pills a day. would tripling those dosages be about right?

Here is an example: Most people are going to be taking anywhere from 250-1000+ mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 500-1000+ mg of carnosine, 20-40mg of vinpocetine, 500+ mg of tyrosine, etc.

DukeNukem's Photo DukeNukem 06 Jan 2006

Yeah, good ingredients, but far too low a dosage. I take 3g of carnosine a day, for example (morning, noon, night -- 1g each). And Ginkgo alone should be 120mg daily. Of course, some coverage in all of these areas is better than none.

power.bulls.x's Photo power.bulls.x 06 Jan 2006

@shepard
vinpocetine should be in 5 mg not 500mg

@shepard
vinpocetine should be in 5 mg not 500mg

You lost me. I said that most people take 20-40 mg of vinpocetine.

xanadu's Photo xanadu 06 Jan 2006

I think he overlooked the comma between vinpocetine and the 500mg.