←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

How do I test my IQ / cognitive function t...

Delton's Photo Delton 24 Nov 2016

Hello folks, 

I have been interested in nootropics for several years, but I've always found the field very subjective. 

Recently I started taking Lexapro for anxiety and I'd like to see how it effects my cognitive function, IQ, & memory. 

I have started doing the n-back test and am currently averaging n=2.75 or so. I am not sure if this is a good metric for me right now though as I am still learning the game and i haven't plateaued yet. 

What are good brain games for testing cognitive function? I used to use Luminosity, but it's no longer free and I don't want to pay money. 

Also, what is a good website for taking IQ tests? Any pitfalls with IQ testing I should be aware of? 

EminJahovic's Photo EminJahovic 17 Dec 2016

Well, if you do not feel the effect of enhancement or its positivity on your daily life, it's not considerable and it can be hard to measure , keep in mind that iq tests give a changable result in everytime you take the quiz

Water Buffalo's Photo Water Buffalo 18 Dec 2016

iqtest.dk is a good test. Cambridge Brain Sciences would be a better way to track how your different functions change over time. There are certain medications that will change different parts of your intelligence. For example, guanfacine is a medication that targets the prefrontal cortex, so it has a beneficial effect on spatial memory.