←  Supplements

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Giving it a try.

brandonreinhart's Photo brandonreinhart 09 Feb 2006

I bought a membership to LEF and ordered the LEF Mix 9 a day. I figure I will try this for a few months, in combination with an improved exercise schedule and better eating. I'll see how I feel and then possibly have blood work done to see what my markers look like. I'm starting with the Mix since I suspect I need a better vitamin foundation, given previously poor eating habits that I'm working to improve. The LEF Mix seemed to be recommended as a good starting point, based on my forum searches here, my own examination of the ingredients (with a lot of web searching) and advice from others.

Shepard's Photo Shepard 09 Feb 2006

LEF mix is pretty good....I would add in a gamma-tocopherol product if you decide to stick with it.

kevink's Photo kevink 09 Feb 2006

My advice -- try AOR's Ortho Core after the LE Mix runs out. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I took LEF mix for a long time and I have to say I "feel" much better on Ortho Core. I'm sure there are many others that have the opposite opinion. That's just what works for me so YMMV.

LEF is a top outfit, so you're "membership" dollars were not wasted.

Shepard is right about the E. It's unbalanced in LEF mix (last time I checked).

brandonreinhart's Photo brandonreinhart 10 Feb 2006

Yeah mathematically speaking, the "membership" fee is well worth it, if I end up doing any buying at all. However, I will investigate Ortho Core down the road. Thanks for the info. Any other newbie info is well worth it.

Shepard's Photo Shepard 10 Feb 2006

Yeah, it is still cheaper sometimes to get their products from other places...even with the member discounts. But, there are some that you can only get direct from LEF (atleast their newer products) and when they have the sales they are as cheap as anyone else.

DukeNukem's Photo DukeNukem 15 Feb 2006

Brandon, I buy the powder, and knock it down as part of a morning protein shake, including all sort of other fun powders, including cocoa powder.

Here's the deal, though... you're so young, you're not going to see the pay-off for 10-20-30 years.

All of us, though, wishes we would have started sooner.

FunkOdyssey's Photo FunkOdyssey 15 Feb 2006

Here's the deal, though... you're so young, you're not going to see the pay-off for 10-20-30 years.

Its alot like a 401k plan in that sense. I started contributing 12-20% to my 401k around the same time I got serious about diet and supplementation, probably not a coincidence (if you can look far enough ahead to do the right thing for yourself with money, then you should be able to do the same health-wise).