←  Nutrition

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

What are the nutritional properties of Aga...

ukw's Photo ukw 13 Mar 2017

Recently I bought a snack at the store called "Chocolate Jell-O's" which I assumed was orange or apricot jelly covered in chocolate. But then I looked more closely and discovered the jelly ingredient was not a fruit but something called "Agar-Agar." Further investigation revealed that it's apparently a Japanese seaweed? Pretty fascinating, I had no idea seaweed could be a dessert. There's ancient folklore in Asian countries that apparently associates some therapeutic qualities with this substance (or algae) based on a google search? Very little in terms of what its nutritional profile is, is anyone familiar with this product?

不滅の's Photo 不滅の 25 Mar 2017

I bought a packet of the stuff a while back just out of interest and it's still hanging out in the pantry. It resembles fish floss.... Will keep an eye on this thread and maybe make a recipe.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).