←  Ageless Looks

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Is there any stuff to help you getting tan...

sodraguy's Photo sodraguy 10 Sep 2017

Hi,

I am going to Tanzania in 2 weeks and I would like to get tanned but I have a pale skin. I am a careful person so obviously I will put on sunscreen regularly.

I read a lot of things on Internet to help getting tanned:

- Astaxanthin (carotenoids, lutein)

- Melanotan 2

- Self tanner / spray tan

- Vitamin D

What do you think of that? Is it all bullshit or some of them can really help to get tanned?

Matt's Photo Matt 11 Sep 2017

Getting a lot of carotenoids do certainly help you appear to be slightly tanned or give a 'golden glow'. A long time ago I had like 6 weeks off work, and during that time I was consuming a crazy amount of foods packed with beta carotene, lutein, lycopene etc...  People thought I'd been on holiday in the sun. :)

According to some studies, these carotenoids make you appear more attractive to mates than an actual tan from the sun. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with pale skin as long as it looks healthy.

Edited by Matt, 11 September 2017 - 12:36 AM.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Christian Hunter's Photo Christian Hunter 13 Oct 2017

I've spent 6-figures and almost two decades testing nearly every legitimate supplement, pharmaceutical, and peptide that was purported to have nootropic, cosmetic, or longevity promoting properties.  I first tried melanotan 2 about 3 years ago  and can say, without reservation, it really works.  Even though I'd done a fair amount of research and was aware of the data to support claims of efficacy, until I tried it myself, it just seemed too good to be true.

So, melanotan can turn the skin of a pale person (who, after sun exposure, has never enjoyed anything better than a deep dark pink ) into a legitimate looking tan, and if you can actually tan in the sun, melanotan 2 can turn you into something closer to a Bain de Soleil model.

And yes, it is a pro-sexual.  

Downside, for me, is freckles.  I'm fairly fair, so at a moderate dose, I'll get a lot of new freckles, and the ones I had will get really dark. Upon cessation, the freckle situation returns pretty much to normal.

As an FYI, I don't sell, and am in no way involved with the sale or marketing of melanotan I/II (or any consumer health product for that matter).  Let me know if you have any questions.