- - - - -

Afobazole - Cambridge Rotation up 37%

afobazole galantamine cambridge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lrdmelchett

• 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Hello, folks.  My scores for the Rotation test on Cambridge Brain Science has been up ~ 30-40% over the past couple of days.  Yes, there are confounding elements, and maybe the community could chime in with observations or possibly attempt to reproduce such a significant increase given the changes described below.

More specifically, my range of scores over the past 4 months had steadily increased from month 1-3 and have topped out in the last month around 170.  Based on whatever influence is at play I've been able to consistently get a score in the 220 range with a max of 244 over the past two days.  I felt it important to test in the AM on day 2 without being under the influence of two new suspect supplements I recently received as a control.  I didn't sleep well the night before and not having dosed my score fell back to 110.

Here's what has not changed.

Doxepin 5-10mg nightly for insomnia

Tylenol 650 mg extended release nightly

Melatonin 3 mg nightly

Methylene Blue 1 mg mornings

Here's what has changed.

Lion's Mane 1.5g nightly - Reinstatement after about a month with a new brand (Real Mushroom)

Afobazole 5 mg ~ 2 hours prior to testing on occasion of high scores 

Galantamine 2 mg ~ 2 hours prior to testing on day 1 with the new high score

Ibuprofen 200 mg nightly

The Cambridge Science site has recently undergone a facelift and all baseline test results were gained prior to the revamp.  

So, ...this gain on the rotation test doesn't quite make sense to me.  I would have never expected either Afobazole or Galantamine would have such a significant impact - and I kind of doubt it.  I'm starting to wonder if Cambridge Brain Science site has been updated with a new algorithm that controls the rotation test - and that the test is now easier.  It's hard to tell just looking at the patterns if there has been any reduction in difficultly.  

So, I started looking at brain centers responsible for mental rotation performance.  This would be the right parietal lobe.  I then began to try to dig up any research on the effects of dopamine, sigma activity (Afobazole) and ACh/E I activity as it relates to the parietal lobe.  No clear reason why my rotation test scores would be up.  

Obviously, I need to extend this testing out over a few more weeks to firm up the results being on/off the new supplements.  Still, I haven't experienced this major (upward) variability with the tests before and thought it was worth throwing it up on here for comment.

Attached File  Rotations_afobazole_and_galantamine_20180523.png   79.25KB   0 downloads

Edited by lrdmelchett, 23 May 2018 - 07:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: afobazole, galantamine, cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users