I finally got sick.

immune

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

I’ve always had a terrible immune system and would get sick on average 3 to 5 times a year. The past eight months or so I’ve been the most unhealthy ever. Horrible diet hardly any weight training and lots of recreational drugs. I’ve gotten tons of bloodwork almost everything is normal. The past eight months I have not gotten sick once and the only change is I don’t really work out anymore. The past couple weeks I actually made it to the gym three times a week and boom now I’m sick. Anytime I train more than just a couple times a week I end up getting sick. How weird is it that I’ve had an extremely unhealthy lifestyle for eight months and I don’t get sick yet I push myself in the gym a few times and now I have a cold or virus. Back when I did not have an unhealthy lifestyle and I would train hard 4 to 5 times a week I would get sick on average every couple months. I wonder what this could be from?

#2 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

Hard training athletes often have this issue. Stressing the body in any capacity always depletes the immune system. Training recovery deverts a lot of energy from fighting off infections. What you subscribe is common in many athletes and part of the reason to occasionally take time off.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

Interesting John.  I have had similar response for many years.  I know overtraining wears you down, but I've never heard anyone else mention such a direct response between a bit too much and then getting sick every time.  I would get a cold at least 6 times a year.

Almost 30 years ago, I noticed when I  partied on a Friday night, did extreme exercise on Saturday and Sunday, I would get sick.  Or, exercised hard for 5 days in a row.

20 years ago, I noticed if I worked out hard 3-4 days in a row, I would get sick.

10 years ago, it was just 2-3 days of hard exercise was too much and I would get sick.

Over the last 3 years, I no longer have the problem afaik.  I am more careful not to overtrain, but I do have better immune response, and don't get cold or flu anymore.

I believe is mostly the switch to keto diet 3 years ago, but adding NR and NMN supplements 3 years ago might also be a factor.

#4 Oakman

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

Bad diet takes a toll both immediately, and over time. Over time changes are harder to notice, but actually are worse, as they gradually degrade the body's ability to fight infection, maintain endurance, and replenish needed nutrients stores. Then any sudden stressors can overwhelm defenses and contribute to easily falling prey to sickness and dis-ease.

You don't say what 'recreational drugs' you take, but most are a slow downward grind on the body. Poor diet would only exacerbate that.

When you were having a healthy lifestyle, going to the gym, etc., remember that gyms are cesspools of germs and viruses. I can't think of a place worse than gyms, unless perhaps hospitals for contracting most any communicable disease.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 AnabolicFactor

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:02 AM

When you were having a healthy lifestyle, going to the gym, etc., remember that gyms are cesspools of germs and viruses. I can't think of a place worse than gyms, unless perhaps hospitals for contracting most any communicable disease.

Thisssssssss, gyms are disgusting. I'm seriously considering bringing my own towel and small alcohol spray to wipe down the machines I use. lifting weights also takes its toll on the CNS which can make us vulnerable to getting sick. I take oil of oregano, and berberine daily; just caught the flu this week and it only lasted 2 days thanks gosh. I attribute the recovery to the supplements :P

Edited by AnabolicFactor, 28 October 2018 - 06:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: immune

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users