Ashwagandha side effects

ashwagandha mood

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

Hi guys,

Considering the rave reviews here, I decided to add ashwagandha (Jarrow KSM-66) to my stack, i.e. fish oil, vit D3, Vit K2, NAC, spirulina.

It has been helpful in regards to anxiety and overthinking so I’d like to keep using it, however I encountered two side effects:

• pimples (consider that I’ve never suffered from acne)

• an increase in irritability, lower level of patience

Could it be related to ash’s effects on testosterone? What can I do to fix these issues? I’ve also read that extended use of ash could potentially lead to decrease in motivation, and anhedonia.

Did you experience this problem? Maybe should I pair ash with another adaptogen, or something “stimulating” such as B complex?

Thanks everybody!

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

• pimples (consider that I’ve never suffered from acne)

• an increase in irritability, lower level of patience

Never experienced these side-effects, while taking it constantly now for 7 years. If I raised the dose higher, I felt sort of more tired, therefore took it towards the evening. But I do supplement already 10 years comprehensively (vitamins, minerals, amino-acids..), and monitor blood-work to adjust doses.

However, as far as I remember, I never took Jarrow KSM-66, but LIfeExtension's, Himalaya's, Swanson's, the plain powder and it's traditional herbal-wine preparation.

Edited by pamojja, 14 June 2019 - 12:16 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:35 PM

I took it twice, each time was KSM-66.  The first time I put it into tea, I think, and consumed it that way.  I felt calm, like alcohol without the lowered inhibitions.  The next day I had ridiculously bad OCD.  Might be unrelated.

Following this, I tried it again.  No effect.

#4 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

Never experienced these side-effects, while taking it constantly now for 7 years. If I raised the dose higher, I felt sort of more tired, therefore took it towards the evening. But I do supplement already 10 years comprehensively (vitamins, minerals, amino-acids..), and monitor blood-work to adjust doses.

However, as far as I remember, I never took Jarrow KSM-66, but LIfeExtension's, Himalaya's, Swanson's, the plain powder and it's traditional herbal-wine preparation.

Thanks man, did you pair with other adaptogens or something else to counteract possibile loss of motivation? I’ve read that somebody pair with Rhodiola

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Thanks man, did you pair with other adaptogens or something else to counteract possibile loss of motivation?

Like I said above: "I do supplement already 10 years comprehensively (vitamins, minerals, amino-acids..)"
where the 2 dots stand for example for plant-extracts. Which also includes adaptogens, also rhodiola.

No effect.

I never take supplements to 'feel' an immediate effect (only rarely they do in my case), but by their combined subtle synergistic effects on all bodily systems, to help with my chronic conditions. Which it did, but took many years of consistency, and in most cases wouldn't be felt at first at all.

https://www.longecit...nal-remissions/

To summarize - through the synergistic effects of lifestyle modifications, nutrient and herbal extract supplementation it was possible:

• first of all - to reverse a 60% walking disability from PAD
  • reverse a cystitis circumscripta of the bladder
  • .. 2 non-circulated nodules on the right edge of the liver (5 + 8mm)
  • .. one additional tubercle (6mm) of the left lung; the older of the right lung (9mm) remaining
  • .. and a chronic bronchitis, while the at that time diagnosed COPD remained asymptomatic
  • keep prediabetes, hay-fever,
  • .. muscle-cramps and CKD stage 1 in check
  • cease psoriasis and retinal migraine flare-ups,
  • .. and angina-like chest pains
  • provide sun-burn protection without suncream
  • but overall staying still alive and able to come up for my own living counter the prediction of my initially diagnosing internist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, mood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users