- - - - -

Vinpocetine research

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:40 AM

Revnik,

always tried to get the route back to the main topic ;-)
Anyway thanks for your hints - I am in the first week of October in Belgium...so I might try to get it then ;-)

Cheers

Alex

Ok,
sounds great I know the FAS form, it should be less hard on the stomach than the usuall  one but -if I may- the liquid form is even beter when it comes to absorption etc.
Big downside of hydergine FAS is that it only comes in 4.5mg dosages, which is a huge dosage to start of with. Feel free to experiment...

Other advantages of the liquid form include that you can dose it up to 0.25mg precisely, back here in Belgium it's free of prescript so if you live near the border...

Anywayz going off topic big time once again so I'll keep it at that, good luck!

#32 ora101

• 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:32 AM

Wasn't vinpocetine also indicated as a treatment for tinnitus in some individuals?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:46 AM

Wasn't vinpocetine also indicated as a treatment for tinnitus in some individuals?

I'm almost positive that it was.

#34 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:31 AM

Yes vinpocetine was suggested as a use for tinnitus where cerebral vascular insufficency was suspected

#35 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:02 PM

I got a headache and ringing in the ears the first few times I took it but it doesn't happen anymore

I just wanted to come back and say I've been taking 5mg x2 vinpocetine daily and it has given me great improvement in focus.

#36 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

Interesting... I have mild tinnitus and got no idea what caused it (seeing an ENT doc in 2 weeks). I have clicking noise in both ears when I swallow, with tinnitus. Suddenly just came on a few weeks ago.... But I doubt I have any cerebral vascular problems

If anyone wants to take a quick listen to my tinnitus, here it is lol

http://207.99.216.10...15750HZ(TV).wav

Edited by Matt, 12 September 2007 - 09:31 PM.

#37 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

Been giving vinpocetine a try the last week. As it is often used in
OTC "focus" formulas. Its close to a sugar pill so for. I have taken
30 mg every 3 hours (3 times for a total of 90 mg daily) and the results have not been good so for.

#38 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

Take it with meals, sublingual and with ginko, for an effect...at one point I experienced a headache that was the strongest headache I've ever experienced. Mental processing slowed way down. It was very unpleasant. At the time I had a mix of 10 or 20 vinpo with I think about 75 mg ginko (could be way off on the ginko.) with every meal (3). I think I ate 1 pill, and I know I sublingual at least one. I might have eaten two pills and sub'd one.

#39 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

Those dosages are way to high and counterproductive. Don't take more than 45 mg/day and give your body some time to adjust, also combining it with ginkgo makes the dose requirements even lower (both increase bloodcirculation). The headache is a clear sign of overdosage.

#40 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

precisely why I preceded with "for an effect..."

#41 francois

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

How do you know the suppliers aren't giving you placebos?

#42 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:35 PM

That's the beloved free markets, baby.

I still have some pharna. sealed vinpo sitting around here from a year or two ago, I stopped taking it due to little or no effect, however I should check the expiry date on it and try again.

#43 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Francois - you joined today and have made 2 posts in seperate topics suggesting firms are selling fake supplements, one aimed specifically at Relentless Improvement who are one of the most reputable suppliers in the market.

If you have anything to contribute then please do so. Otherwise spare us your tedious troll rabble-rousing.

sentinel

#44 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

Since the placebo effect has near the same efficacy as most cognitive
enhancers I say they are doing you no harm as long as they are charging lower prices. ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#45 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Here we go with the placebo effect again ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users